Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best 300 Blackout Ammo in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
What is 300 Blackout Ammo? 🤔
It is a type of rifle ammunition that is designed to be fired from an AR-15-style rifle platform. The cartridges are .30 caliber, and the bullet diameter measures out at 0.308 inches.
When it comes to ammunition, there is no doubt that 300 Blackout ammo is a popular choice. This type of ammunition offers several benefits that are unmatched by any other type. Here are some of the main advantages:
- ☑️ Versatility – It can be used in both pistols and rifles, allowing you to use it for different types of shooting activities.
- ☑️ Compactness – Compared to most other calibers, such ammo is smaller and more compact, making it ideal for carrying in tight quarters or on your person during hunting trips or tactical operations.
- ☑️ Power – Despite its small size, this ammo still packs quite a punch, providing powerful stopping power with greater knockdown potential than similar-sized rounds such as 9mm or .45 ACP.
- ☑️ Accuracy – The accuracy is impressive due to its low recoil and flat trajectory up close, allowing shooters to make precise shots even at long-range targets with minimal dispersion (spread).
- ☑️ Cost Effective – As compared with other types of ammunition that may have higher initial costs but require extra components such as primers and reloading materials for reloading cartridges, such ammo can deliver comparable performance at lower costs through factory produced bought cartridges.
- ☑️ Subsonic Capabilities – Many users also appreciate the fact that certain loads of 300 blackout ammo come subsonic which effectively reduces the noise signature when fired without sacrificing much in terms of ballistics or power levels.
300 Blackout ammo is one of the most popular cartridges for shooting in many different scenarios. When it comes to features, there are a few that stand out.
- ❇️ First, this round has a much flatter trajectory than other similar calibers. This makes it easier to hit your target at longer distances without having to adjust your aim significantly.
- ❇️ Additionally, it offers incredible accuracy due to its heavy bullet weight and superior ballistic coefficient.
- ❇️ Another feature is the wide variety of bullets available for it. You have a choice between FMJ (full metal jacket), JHP (jacketed hollow point), HP (hollow point), and BTHP (bonded tip hollow point). Each type of bullet offers different performance characteristics depending on what your needs are and what you plan on using the cartridge for.
- ❇️ The last major feature is its relatively lower cost compared to other similar cartridges like 5.56 NATO or 7.62x39mm rounds.
😉 As such, if you’re searching for ammunition that won’t break the bank but still offers high-performance capabilities, then 300 Blackout should be at the top of your list!
What’s the point of it?🤨
The .300 Blackout is a popular round for short-barreled, suppressed rifles. This makes it an ideal choice if you’re looking to get maximum performance from a compact rifle system.
- 💥 It can be used in both supersonic and subsonic loads, meaning that it provides excellent versatility depending on your situation or needs.
- 💥 With its high velocity and relatively low pressure, it delivers good accuracy at longer distances.
- 💥 And because it has the same diameter as a 5.56mm NATO round, you can use existing magazines for both rounds interchangeably.
🚨 It’s important to note❗ However, the .300 Blackout is not a replacement for 5.56mm or 7.62x39mm rounds; its range and stopping power are limited compared to those other cartridges. But if you need a versatile round that offers excellent performance in close-quarters combat scenarios, then the .300 Blackout may be just what you need.
Our Selection 🚀 15 Best .300 AAC Blackout Ammo – Editor’s Choice
1# 300 AAC Blackout – 145 Grain FMJ – Wolf (Steel Case)
Searching for a budget-friendly option for your new 300 AAC Blackout upper? Look at the Wolf’s 145-grain full-metal jacket ammo! These rounds are perfect for range training and target practice, and thanks to their steel shell casings, they won’t break the bank. Each casing is coated in a fine layer of polymer that reduces friction to facilitate failure-free cycling. Wolf’s polymer is superior to earlier lacquer applications because it is formulated to avoid melting in the heat of ignition.
2# 300 AAC Blackout – 120 Grain TAC-TX BT – Barnes VOR-TX
The all-new 300 AAC Blackout from Barnes is the perfect round for anyone searching to get the most out of their AR-15. With its powerful 7.62mm projectile, the 300 AAC Blackout is designed to deliver superior performance in a variety of applications. And with Barnes’ world-renowned copper ammunition, you can be confident that you’re getting the best possible performance.
3# 300 AAC Blackout – 125 Grain Full Metal Jacket Brass Cased – Sig Sauer
The Sig Sauer Elite Ball .300 AAC Blackout 125 grain Full Metal Jacket Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammunition is the perfect choice for your next target practice session. The Sierra Match King Projectile provides superior precision and minimal dispersion when suppressed, making this ammunition ideal for range training. With an impressive muzzle velocity of 2,145fps, this ammunition is sure to reach your target quickly and with consistent velocity throughout its trajectory. Don’t settle for less than the best – keep your weapon loaded with Sig Sauer Elite Ball 300BLK 125gr FMJ Brass-Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammunition.
4# 300 AAC Blackout – 120 Grain JHP Brass Cased – Barnes
If you need a great deal on the Barnes 300 AAC Blackout, 120 Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point/JHP, and Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammunition, then you’ve come to the right place. This 300 Blackout Ammo from Barnes is designed using heavy-duty and reliable components, so you can be sure that they’ll last for a long time. Barnes has been making quality products for many years, and this 300 Blackout Ammo is no exception. Get it while it lasts!
5# 300 AAC Blackout – 110 Grain Flat Base Tipped Brass Cased – Nosler
If you require a high-quality, reliable bullet that can take down any varmint, pay attention to Nosler’s Varmageddon. With its flat base and hollow point or polymer tip design, this bullet will deliver extreme terminal performance at long range. Whether you’re using it for hunting or target practice, you can be sure that Varmageddon will get the job done.
6# 300 AAC Blackout – 155 Grain Boat Tail Hollow Point – Ammo
The Ammo, Inc. 300 Blackout 155 Grain Boat Tail Hollow Point (BTHP) Centerfire Rifle Ammunition is a great product for anyone. It is made with heavy-duty and reliable resources to provide you with a product that is going to be useful for many years. The design of this product makes it perfect for those who want a long-lasting product.
7# 300 AAC Blackout – 125-grain Full Metal Jacket – Winchester
Aim for the bullseye with Winchester USA Rifle .300 AAC Blackout 125-grain Full Metal Jacket Centerfire Rifle Ammunition. With a sleek profile target bullet, this .300 AAC Blackout Ammo from Winchester is ideal for range training. For those who want to spend less time on the range and more time perfecting their aim, Winchester USA Rifle .300 AAC Blackout 125-grain Full Metal Jacket Rifle Ammo is a great choice.
8# 300 AAC Blackout – 115 Grain Centerfire Rifle Ammunition – Fort Scott
Fort Scott Munitions 300 AAC Blackout rifle ammunition is some of the most reliable and accurate hunting ammo on the market. The solid copper bullets are specifically designed to tumble upon impact, creating extensive damage to soft tissue. This makes for a quick and humane kill when hunting. The precision machining of the bullets also makes them highly accurate, so you can be confident in your shot. Whether you demand to upgrade your hunting rifle or just want some extra peace of mind while out in the field, Fort Scott Munitions 300 AAC Blackout is a faultless choice.
9# 300 AAC Blackout – 125 Grain Sierra Tipped GameKing Brass – Sierra
Want to find an effective way to take down the game at moderate ranges? Take a look at the Sierra 300 AAC Blackout 125 Grain Sierra Tipped GameKing Brass. These powerful rounds are perfect for hunters who demand accuracy and reliability. The boat-tail bullet with a polymer tip is designed for rapid expansion, making it ideal for taking down deer and hogs. So place your trust in Sierra and be confident in your next hunt.
10# 300 AAC Blackout – 150 Grain Extreme Point Polymer Tip – Winchester
One of the most popular calibers among deer hunters is now available in Winchester’s Deer Season XP line of ammunition. The .300 AAC Blackout chambering is perfect for those who want maximum performance from their rifle while still being able to use standard AR-style magazines. The 150-grain Extreme Point bullet features an oversized impact diameter for maximum energy transfer and large wound cavities. This results in faster knockdown power and less tracking time for your next trophy.
11# 300 AAC Blackout – 220 Grain Open Tip Flat Base – Remington
When you want to reduce the noise produced by your firearm, reach for Remington Subsonic Rifle Ammunition. This ammunition is designed for use with a silencer, which makes for a quieter shooting experience. The rounds in this box of Remington Subsonic Ammo are designed with a tipped bullet and have an open tip with a flat base. This design spends less time winding and fumbling while delivering more go-bang performance every time. You won’t be disappointed with the performance of this high-quality ammunition.
12# 300 AAC Blackout – 120 Grain Hunting Tipped Brass Cased – Sig Sauer
If you wish for a versatile and reliable round for hunting, note the SIG SAUER SBR Solid Copper .300 AAC Blackout 120 grain Hunting Tipped Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammunition. This supersonic duty round is engineered for reliable, controlled 1.8x expansion, and features an all-copper bullet and black oxide shell case to visually denote SBR capability. With a muzzle velocity of 1150 ft/s and muzzle energy of 959 ft-lbs out of a 6.75-inch barrel, this round is sure to get the job done.
13# 300 AAC Blackout – 150 Grain Full Metal Jacket 200 Loose – Remington
The Remington .300 AAC Blackout UMC 150 Grain Full Metal Jacket Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammo is a superb item for almost anyone. Made with long-lasting and dependable materials. The 300 Blackout Ammo is perfect for those who are searching for a reliable product. Manufactured by the well-known and respected company, Remington Shooting and Hunting Accessories, this product is sure to last you a long time.
14# 300 AAC Blackout – 150 Grain Full Metal Jacket – Remington
The Remington .300 AAC Blackout UMC 150 Grain FMJ Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammo is a superb product for nearly any individual. The skilled product experts at Remington Shooting and Hunting Accessories have fashioned this product using dependable and dependable components, to provide you with a product that is going to be effective for a long time.
15# 300 AAC Blackout – 150 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail – Federal Premium
The American Eagle 300 AAC Blackout Rifle cartridge is perfect for precision practice and an affordable option for the target board. Available in contemporary calibers, this cartridge offers accuracy and consistency you can rely on. The Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail design provides stable flight, while the 150-grain bullet weight makes it a great choice for long-range shooting. The brass case ensures reliable feeding and extraction, and the 20-round box gives you plenty of ammunition for a day at the range.
Reloading the ammo 🧑🔧
If you’re interested in reloading your 300 Blackout ammo, there are a few things that you should consider.
- 🔶 First and foremost, it is important to ensure that the components used to reload the ammunition have been tested and certified by SAAMI (Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturer’s Institute). This is the industry standard for safety when reloading ammunition.
- 🔶 Once you’ve determined which type of case you will be using, the next step is to choose the proper propellant. Propellants such as Alliant Reloader 19, Ramshot TAC, H4198, and Hodgdon CFE BLK are all excellent choices.
- 🔶 After selecting your propellant, then comes the selection of the projectile. For 300 Blackout, it is typical to use a .308 caliber bullet. The weight of the projectile and any other components should all be compatible with your chosen reloading manual’s instructions.
When you have obtained the necessary components for reloading, it is time to begin the process:
- ➡️ Start by measuring the correct amount of powder for each load using an adjustable powder measure or scale.
- ➡️ Double-check your measurements for accuracy to ensure safe loads.
- ➡️ Primers can then be placed into each case, followed by seating and crimping the projectiles at their respective depths.
- ➡️ Finally, after ensuring that all cases are filled properly with no excess pressure, it is now time to test-fire them. Always test-fire a few rounds to assess whether the correct pressures, velocities, and accuracy levels have been achieved.
300 Blackout ammo is a great choice for self-defense, hunting, or target shooting. It’s important to choose the right ammo for your needs, and in this buyer’s guide, we try to gather a lot of useful information for you to make the best decision possible. We’ve reviewed some of the top-rated ammo on the market and hope it helped you get started. Thanks for reading! 😍