Our Selection 11 Best 450 Bushmaster Upper A .450 Bushmaster is constructed as an AR-15-friendly round with a good down-range performance and energy, appropriate for hunting. With the .450 Bushmaster,…
What is Upper Receiver?
Upper receiver is the metal frame that holds the barrel and bolt assembly of a rifle. It is typically made of aluminum or steel and is responsible for directing bullets out the barrel and cycling rounds into the chamber. Upper receivers are often customized with different attachments, such as optics or a grenade launcher, to improve accuracy or effectiveness.
TOP Upper Receivers
Upper Receivers benefits
There are many benefits to having an upper receiver:
- For one, it allows you to have a more customizable gun. You can add different sights, scopes, and other accessories to the upper receiver to make your gun more accurate and effective. Additionally, an upper receiver can help to increase the durability of your gun, as well as its overall performance.
- Another benefit of an upper receiver is that it can help to make your gun more ergonomic. By having an upper receiver, you can place your hand in a more comfortable position when shooting your gun. This can help to reduce fatigue and improve your accuracy.
- Lastly, an upper receiver can also help to increase the value of your gun. If you ever decide to sell your gun, having an upper receiver can make it more valuable to potential buyers. So, if you are looking for a way to improve your gun, or simply want to add value to it, then an upper receiver is a great option.
Types of Upper Receivers
- Flat top receiver is the most popular type on the market today. It allows for the mounting of scopes and other optics directly to the receiver.
- Free float handguard attaches directly to the barrel, providing a more solid platform for mounting optics and accessories. It also helps to improve accuracy by keeping the barrel from heating up too much.
- A1 upper receiver was the standard receiver used on M16 rifles prior to the adoption of the A2 in 1983. It has a fixed carrying handle and iron sights.
- A2 upper is the standard upper receiver found on most AR-15s. It has a fixed carry handle and an integrated rear sight.
- M4 upper is similar to the A2 but has a removable carry handle and a Picatinny rail for mounting optics.
AmmoCave has a great selection of upper receivers from top brands like Aero Precision, Anderson Manufacturing, and more.
Upper Receiver Features
When it comes to choosing an upper receiver, there are a few things you need to take into consideration.
- First, decide what caliber you want to build your rifle in. This will determine the type of barrel and bolt carrier group you need.
- Next, decide what type of handguard you want to use. This will determine the length and height of the receiver.
- Finally, choose a finish for your upper receiver. This can be anything from bare metal to anodized to Cerakoted.
Once you have all of this information, you are ready to purchase an upper receiver! Here at AmmoCave, we offer a wide selection of upper receivers for you to choose from. If you have any questions about the process, or which parts you need, feel free to reach out to our experts here at AmmoCave. We are always happy to help!
Gun Upper Buyer’s Guides
Our Selection 8 Best 224 Valkyrie Upper .224 Valkyrie is a predator hunting cartridge, which can fit an AR-15 magazine properly. .224 Valkyrie rounds enhance the AR-15 platform potential, featuring…
AR 15 Upper - Who Makes The Best AR 15 Upper Receiver Tweaking your rifle is an interesting and pretty useful idea. However, it takes a lot of time to…
As a left-handed shooter, finding the best left-handed upper receiver can be a challenge. There are many considerations to make when purchasing an upper receiver, such as caliber, barrel length,…
Do you have an AR-15 and are looking to buy a side charging upper? If so, you're in the right place. In this blog post, we'll be discussing the best…
Are you in the market for a complete AR upper? If so, you may be wondering which option is best for you. In this blog post, we'll share our top-rated…