Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best 25 06 Remington Ammo in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
What is Remington 25-06 Ammo? 🧐
This ammo is a popular choice for hunters and recreational shooters alike. Remington Arms Company developed this caliber of ammunition in the early 1900s and it has been used in numerous hunting and sporting applications since then. The cartridges are typically loaded with light to medium-weight bullets for long-range accuracy, making them especially suitable for varmint and medium game hunting.
The Remington 25-06 round offers complete versatility to hunters, allowing them to take on a wide range of targets without sacrificing performance.
- 💥 It has an optimal balance between energy and ballistic coefficient that makes it perfect for extended-range shooting with precision accuracy.
- 💥 Its flat trajectory ensures shots are consistently on target, while the high muzzle velocity gives you the extra reach you need to reach distant targets.
- 💥 The cartridge also has less recoil when compared to similar rounds, making it easy to control even at longer ranges.
- 💥 It can easily penetrate larger-than-expected game animals due to its high sectional density and expansive frontal area; this ensures deeper penetration with impressive shock transfer capabilities.
Remington 25 06 Ammo is an ideal hunting round for a variety of applications.
- ✴️ For deer and similar size games, it offers excellent terminal performance and near-perfect accuracy.
- ✴️ As one of the most popular rounds for long-range shooting, it is widely used by hunters who need to make accurate shots at distances up to 600 yards or more.
- ✴️ This round is also great for small varmints such as coyotes and rabbits, making it a great all-around choice for those who want versatility in their ammo selection.
- ✴️ It has a higher velocity than many other rounds due to its larger cartridge size, letting you get on target quickly and accurately even at longer ranges.
- ✴️ Finally, this round has excellent expansion capabilities which allow it to penetrate deeper into game animals while still maintaining enough energy to cause severe trauma upon impact.
Remington 25-06 Ammo is a popular choice for hunters, long-range shooters, and professionals alike.
- ☑️ It is designed to deliver high levels of accuracy, performance, and reliability with every shot. This caliber is capable of producing excellent ballistics from both short and long barrel lengths.
- ☑️ This ammunition usually delivers an impressive muzzle velocity of around 3100 feet per second (FPS) when fired from a 24” barrel.
- ☑️ When it comes to ballistic performance, ammo offers excellent expansion characteristics and maximum stopping power in areas such as soft tissue, bone, and even hard targets. With its high MV (muzzle velocity), its rounds typically retain more energy at longer distances than other comparable calibers.
- ☑️ This ammo also performs well in windy conditions due to its high ballistic coefficient which helps to reduce the effect of wind drift on your bullet’s trajectory. The aerodynamic shape of the projectile helps to increase its stability as it travels through the air toward its target.
- ☑️ In terms of accuracy, ammo produces tight groupings even at extreme ranges thanks to its tight tolerances and quality control measures during production.
- ☑️ Furthermore, by its overall design features such as consistent neck tension, this ammo typically provides reliable feeding in most firearms platforms chambered for this rifle caliber.
Our Selection 20 Best 🚀 25-06 Remington Ammo
1# 25-06 Remington – 110 Grain Extremely Low Drag – Hornady
The 25-06 Remington from Hornady is the perfect choice for medium-game hunting. This extremely low-drag bullet provides amazing accuracy and terminal performance, making it the perfect choice for hunters who demand the very best. The clean-burning propellants used in this ammunition line provide uniform results shot after shot, while the attention to detail ensures that every round performs to its maximum potential.
2# 25-06 Remington – 117 Grain Super Shock Tip – Hornady
Searching for an edge on the competition? Notice Hornady’s Superformance line of ammunition. This high-performance ammo is designed to give your rifle a boost in performance without sacrificing accuracy or dependability. Superformance uses progressive propellants to attain velocities that are simply unattainable with conventional ammunition. So whether you want to tighten up your groups at the range or take down the game at long distances, Superformance from Hornady is the answer.
3# 25-06 Remington – 115-grain Fragmenting Polymer Tip Brass Cased – Winchester
Introducing the 25-06 Remington from Winchester. This 115-grain fragmenting polymer tip round is designed for maximum performance, delivering impressive fragmentation and knock-down power to take down even the biggest game. The unique construction of the bullet provides superior accuracy and long-range performance, while the Lubalox coating reduces engraving forces for smoother feeding and function.
4# 25-06 Remington – 120 Grain Core-Lokt Pointed Soft – Remington
Since 1939, more hunters have relied on Remington Core-Lokt than any other big game ammunition. Core-Lokt is the original controlled expansion bullet. The tapered copper jacket is locked to a solid lead core delivering massive 2X expansion, weight retention, and consistent on-game results. Available in soft point and pointed soft point versions, and in a range of bullet weights for virtually every centerfire hunting caliber made. Don’t settle for anything less than the best when it comes to your hunting ammunition – trust Remington Core-Lokt.
5# 25-06 Remington – 120 Grain Fusion Soft Point – Federal Premium
Be ready for anything with Federal Fusion Centerfire Rifle Ammunition. This reliable market brand has remained popular because of the heightened technological advances that are integrated into every piece it produces. This particular bullet – the 25-06 Remington – is a 120 Grain Fusion Soft Point, perfect for medium game. With a muzzle velocity of 2980 ft/s and muzzle energy of 2366 ft-lbs, you’ll be able to take down your prey with ease.
6# 25-06 Remington – 117 Grain Extreme Point Polymer Tip – Winchester
Introducing the 25-06 Remington – 117 Grain Extreme Point Polymer Tip – Winchester, the perfect choice for deer hunting ammunition. This bullet offers accuracy and massive bullet impact performance, making it a great choice for all deer hunters. The large diameter polymer tip accelerates expansion resulting in rapid impact trauma, while the ballistic profile provides a flat trajectory and energy retention. The tapered jacket is engineered for lethal penetration on deer, and the alloyed lead core is optimized for maximum energy transfer and impact power.
7# 25-06 Remington – 117 Grain Jacketed Soft Point – Federal Premium
Do you need an affordable and reliable option for your hunting needs? Notice the Federal Power-Shok Centerfire Rifle Ammunition. This manufacturer has a long-standing reputation for providing quality bullets that are perfect for taking down even the biggest game. The 25-06 Ammo is a great choice for hunters who need a bullet that will penetrate deep and hit fast. It’s also reloadable, so you can enjoy many seasons of hunting with this dependable ammunition.
8# 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain TTSX BT – Barnes
The 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain TTSX BT – Barnes is excellent for anyone looking for a high-performance factory round. Super-engineered to stop a big game in its tracks, this ammunition provides complete penetration and double-diameter expansion thanks to all-copper bullet technology. With virtually 100% weight retention and bone-busting chaos, this is the ideal choice for hunters who demand the best. Get the accuracy and deadly force you need with this exceptional factory round.
9# 25-06 Remington – 142 Grain Sierra MatchKing Boat Tail Hollow Point – Federal Premium
Want to buy high-quality calibration for your rifle ammunition? The Federal Premium Gold Medal Centerfire Rifle Ammunition is best for it. Federal Premium’s Cape-Shock line of rifle ammunition is designed and made to tackle the world’s largest and often most dangerous and difficult-to-put-down game. The boat-tail hollow-point bullet provides the extra margin of ballistic performance match shooters need, while the uniform match jacket ensures consistent accuracy.
10# 25-06 Remington – 85 Grain Fragmenting Polymer Tip – Winchester
The Winchester 25-06 Remington – 85 Grain Fragmenting Polymer Tip is the perfect choice for hunters who want to make sure their ammunition is up to par. This diverse mix of long- and short-range velocities is perfect for a variety of hunting applications, and the ballistic Silvertip ensures that your shots are always on target. With the wide availability of .25 calibers, Winchester has you covered whether you’re hunting varmints, doves, squirrels, or waterfowl.
11# 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point – Remington
For 75 years, hunters have relied on Remington Core-Lokt ammunition for their big game hunting needs. Core-Lokt is the original controlled expansion bullet, and its time-proven performance has made it the first choice of hunters around the world. The tapered copper jacket is locked to a solid lead core delivering massive 2X expansion, weight retention, and consistent on-game results. When you want the best possible performance from your ammunition, trust your hunt to the best-selling hunting ammunition of all time – Remington Core-Lokt.
12# 25-06 Remington – 115 Grain Nosler Partition – Federal Premium
Federal Premium Vital-Shok Rifle Ammunition is designed with the shooter in mind. This reliable line of ammo offers improved performance and is raved about by law enforcement professionals and professional shooters alike. The patented Federal Premium process helps to absorb shock, making this ammunition ideal for medium-game hunting. The bullet features a partitioned lead core, with the front half mushrooms upon impact, producing maximum energy transfer for a clean kill.
13# 25-06 Remington – 115 Grain Ballistic Tip – Nosler
For over 30 years, the 25-06 Remington – 115 Grain Ballistic Tip from Nosler has been the best choice for America’s most popular game. Featuring a tapered bullet jacket that controls expansion for the ideal balance of penetration and energy transfer, this proven track record of accuracy and game-killing terminal performance is perfect for deer hunting applications. The cartridge case is made from high-quality brass and the muzzle velocity is an impressive 3000 ft/s.
14# 25-06 Remington – 120-grain Positive Expanding Point – Winchester
Deer and predator hunters alike will appreciate the massive knock-down power of Winchester’s 25-06 Remington PEP ammunition. The Positive Expanding Point bullet is designed to provide maximum energy transfer and penetration, while the contoured jacket ensures controlled expansion. The alloyed lead core increases retained weight for added penetration, making this an ideal round for hunting in diverse conditions. Winchester’s time-proven dependability backed by legendary excellence makes Super-X ammunition the best choice for any hunter or shooter.
15# 25-06 Remington – 90 Grain Positive Expanding Point – Winchester
Since 1922, Super-X ammunition has provided exceptional quality and outstanding performance for all types of hunters and shooters who rely on its time-proven dependability backed by legendary excellence. The 25-06 Remington – 90 Grain Positive Expanding Point – Winchester is no exception. This round is designed for maximum penetration and knock-down power, making it the perfect choice for deer hunting. The positive expanding point provides massive knock-down power, making this an ideal choice for taking down the big game.
16# 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip – Federal Premium
If you’re searching for a powerful, accurate, and dependable round for your 25-06, pay attention to Federal Premium’s Nosler Ballistic Tip. This 100-grain bullet is designed for maximum impact and penetration, making it the perfect choice for taking down big games. The boat-tail design enhances accuracy and stability, while the hollow point cavity expands on impact to deliver a lethal blow. So whether you’re hunting deer, elk, or bear, you can count on the Nosler Ballistic Tip to get the job done right.
17# 25-06 Remington – 120 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tip – Federal Premium
The Nosler Ballistic Tip Hunting bullet is designed for hunters who demand accuracy and versatility. The bullet’s polymer tip and boat-tail design maximize downrange velocity and energy, while the tapered jacket provides fast, yet controlled, expansion. It’s perfect for medium games at all ranges.
18# 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain Barnes Triple-Shock X – Federal Premium
Federal Premium’s 25-06 TSX Triple-Shock X is an all-copper construction bullet that provides the same accuracy and performance as the original version, but with an updated design. The nose tip is also redesigned to provide more accurate chambering. The grooved shanks improve accuracy from different shooting angles and allow you to take full advantage of the speed and deep penetration these rounds deliver. With more than 100 percent weight retention, deep penetration, and large consistent wound channels, the 25-06 TSX Triple-Shock X is a top choice for hunters seeking reliable performance on medium to large games.
19# 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain Trophy Copper – Federal Premium
The .25-06 cartridge has been a favorite among hunters for many years. It is known for its down-range energy and penetration, making it a great choice for large games. The bullet is designed to expand across a broad velocity range, and the boat tail design and bonded wad create a higher ballistic coefficient, providing flat trajectories across the entire velocity range.
20# 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain Partition Brass Cased – Nosler
The 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain Partition Brass Cased – Nosler is exceptional rifle ammunition that offers peak performance and reliability for hunters. The combination of the Nosler bullet and brass casing creates optimum conditions for successful hunting trips, while the high-quality construction and precision reloading of each round ensure that your shots will be accurate and reliable. Don’t settle for anything less than the best when it comes to your hunting equipment – choose the 25-06 Remington – 100 Grain Partition Brass Cased – Nosler for your next trip into the great outdoors.
How to reload?🛠️
Reloading Remington 25-06 Ammo can be a great way to save money and customize the ammunition you shoot. With the right reloading supplies, it is relatively easy to do, although some safety precautions should always be followed.
🚨 To begin with, you will need several reloading supplies to properly load ammo:
- 🔶 A press dies for seating bullets and crimping cases;
- 🔶 Shell holders for quick loading and unloading of cartridges;
- 🔶 Powder measure for precise powder charges;
- 🔶 Scales for weighing powder charges;
- 🔶 Primer pocket swaggers for swaging primer pockets;
- 🔶 Case trimmers for trimming cases to length;
- 🔶 Shell plates or shell holders for mounting dies in the press;
- 🔶 Primers, and powder specifically designed for these rounds as well as projectiles such as bullets that are compatible with the caliber.
Once you have obtained all of your necessary reloading supplies and safety equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection, it’s time to start the actual process of reloading.
- ➡️ The first step is to inspect all brass cases carefully before beginning any work. Any cracked or damaged cases should be discarded as they may cause problems when fired and could even lead to catastrophic failure while firing.
- ➡️ Once all brass cases have been inspected then they must be cleaned before being processed further. Cleaning methods vary depending on the type of cleaning system being used but generally involve tumbling with media or sonic cleaning with agitation solution and ultrasonic vibrations.
- ➡️ After all, cases have been cleaned then they can then be ready for resizing which involves running them through a sizing die so that all cases are uniform in size from base to neck before being charged with powder.
- ➡️ When charging each case it is important to use a consistent amount of powder so that each round has equal pressure when fired from the firearm barrel resulting in consistent accuracy with each shot fired from your rifle or handgun chambered in Remington 25-06 caliber ammunition.
- ➡️ Once all brass cases have been loaded with proper amounts of powder then primers must be seated into their respective primer pockets using either a hand priming tool or machine press along with appropriate shell holders specific to the caliber being loaded.
- ➡️ After this step has been completed then projectiles such as bullets must be seated into their respective cartridge case neck using either single-stage or progressive presses along with appropriate bullet seating dies specific to the caliber desired by the shooter when firing rounds from their firearm chambered in Remington 25-06 caliber ammunition.
When it comes to Remington 25-06 ammo, there are a lot of great options on the market. In this article, we’ve highlighted some of the best ammo products available and shared some buyer tips to help you select the right product for your needs. We hope that you found this information helpful and that it will assist you in finding the perfect ammo for your next hunting trip or target practice session. 😍
Tags: #remington 25 06 ammo / #25-06 remington ammo / #remington 25-06 ammo / #remington 25-06 frontier ammo / #remington 25 06 remington ammo
My gunsmithing instructor hunts with a .25-06 and has taken down deer, bear, and caribou. I believe the .25-06 is an excellent cartridge for hunting deer, especially if you usually take shots from beyond 300 yards.
Yes, you`re right. I have a Browning X-Bolt chambered in .25-06 that my dad uses. He’s always praised the flat shooting capabilities of the .25-06 compared to the .30-06 and .270, and I’ve never heard of any issues taking deer with it.
I think the .25-06 is an excellent round for hunting medium-sized games out to about 600 yards. Hornady factory 110 ELD-X ammo can even remain supersonic past 1000 yards.
I often wonder if there is a “win” to shooting a rifle long-range that kicks harder. Since I’m already compensating for bullet drop at long range, I have concluded that it might be better to shoot a cartridge that doesn’t encourage flinching, and just aim higher instead. My current cartridge of choice is the .25-06, which has excellent available ballistic coefficients.
I’m looking at getting a Remington 700 rifle in .25-06, to use for target shooting at around 400 yards, and occasionally taking it out to 600. Is this round suitable for my purpose?
From what I understand, most centerfire rifle cartridges will work well at that distance. As you won’t be shooting much – just 100 rounds or so a year – barrel life isn’t an issue either.
If you reload, you can get a lot of speed out of the .25-06 round. It is well known for being very fast. When ordering a barrel, you need to ensure that the twist rate is adjusted depending on which type of round shooting: lighter than 100 grains require a twist rate of between 1-11 and 1-12.5, while rounds heavier than 105 grains need a twist rate of between 1-10 and 1-9.5 – this is something I know about because I’m doing the same thing for a rifle meant for shooting at 1200 yards.
I’m looking for an affordable .25-06 cartridge to practice more with my rifle before deer season. I have some Hornady whitetail and SST rounds, but I feel silly using them for target practice as they’re designed with a ballistic tip – something I don’t need. Any advice?
I have a .25-06 deer rifle too, and I know how hard it can be to find ammo for it that’s both reasonably priced and easy to come by – depending on your location. However, it’s still important to practice and sight in my rifle using the same ammo I’ll be hunting with – even if it’s a bit painful!