Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best 260 Remington Ammo in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
What is 260 Remington Ammo?🤨
It is a popular choice among hunters, target shooters, and competitors due to its ability to provide accuracy and power. Also, it has become an increasingly popular choice among long-range shooters because it is capable of delivering excellent performance at extended ranges with minimal recoil.
The 260 Remington is a great choice for rifle shooters looking for significant performance out of their ammunition.
- ✅ The cartridge features an improved version of the popular .308 Winchester case, allowing shooters to achieve higher velocities and greater accuracy compared to traditional .308 Winchester cartridges.
- ✴️ It offers excellent accuracy, flat trajectory, and mild recoil.
- ✴️ It is also a great choice when hunting medium-sized games or varmints as it provides high-speed performance and maximum energy on target.
- ✴️ Plus, with a selection of bullets and velocities, it is versatile enough to meet the needs of various shooters.
- ✴️ It allows for more shots on target due to its superior energy retention in comparison to other calibers. This is especially beneficial when shooting from long distances or when trying to maximize accuracy.
Design and trajectory🎯
The 260 Remington was designed as a short-action cartridge, which is known for its high ballistic coefficient. This makes them very accurate and provides desirable flat trajectories for long-range shooting.
- 💥 A 130-grain bullet of this caliber can reach velocities up to 2800 feet per second from a 24” barrel.
- 🟧 These rounds also exhibit less felt recoil than many other rifle calibers, making them great for target shooting or hunting medium-sized game animals like deer or black bears.
Table of Contents
- What is 260 Remington Ammo?🤨
- Design and trajectory🎯
- Our Selection 13 Best 260 Remington Ammo – Editor’s Choice
- 1# 260 Rem – 120 Grain SP – Federal Fusion
- 2# 260 Rem – 129 Grain SST – Fiocchi
- 3# 260 Rem – 129 Grain SST – Hornady Superformance
- 4# 260 Remington – 140 Grain Ballistic Tip Brass Cased – Nosler
- 5# 260 Remington – 120 Grain TTSX Boat Tail – Barnes
- 6# 260 Remington – 129 Grain Super Shock Tip – Hornady
- 7# 260 Remington – 129 Grain Brass Cased – Nosler
- 8# 260 Remington – 130 Grain Controlled Expansion Tip Brass Cased – Sig Sauer
- 9# 260 Remington – 130 Grain Hybrid Tactical Open Tip Match Brass Cased – Berger
- 10# 260 Remington – 140 Grain Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point – Remington
- 11# 260 Remington – 140 Grain Match Burner Open Tip Match Boat Tail – Barnes
- 12# 260 Remington – 125 Grain Partition Brass Cased – Nosler
- 13# 260 Remington – 130 Grain Brass Cased – Nosler
- How to reload?🧑🔧
Our Selection 13 Best 260 Remington Ammo – Editor’s Choice
1# 260 Rem – 120 Grain SP – Federal Fusion
Do you need a top-quality round for deer hunting? Check out the Federal Fusion 260 Rem – 120 Grain SP. This ammunition is designed for maximum accuracy and performance, providing hunters with the perfect tool for taking down the game. The bullets are made from a soft point material that expands on impact, while the brass casings are boxer-primed for reliability. Whether you’re a seasoned hunter or just starting, the Federal Fusion 260 Rem – 120 Grain SP is an excellent choice for your next deer hunting adventure.
2# 260 Rem – 129 Grain SST – Fiocchi
Introducing the Fiocchi’s 260 Rem – 129 Grain SST. These bullets are super shock tips (SST) for maximum deer hunting success. With a muzzle velocity of 2800 fps and muzzle energy of 2245 ft-lbs, you’ll be sure to take down your target with ease. The boxer-primed brass casing also makes this ammo easy to reload for future use. Don’t miss out on your chance for the perfect deer hunting trip – order Fiocchi’s 260 Rem – 129 Grain SST today!
3# 260 Rem – 129 Grain SST – Hornady Superformance
The 260 Rem – 129 Grain SST – Hornady Superformance is the best choice for any hunter who needs a reliable and accurate bullet. The 129-grain super shock tip (SST) provides outstanding accuracy and terminal performance, while the boxer-primed brass casing ensures consistent shots. With a muzzle velocity of 2930 fps and 2459 ft-lbs of energy, this ammo is sure to take down even the biggest game.
4# 260 Remington – 140 Grain Ballistic Tip Brass Cased – Nosler
Presenting the Nosler .260 Remington 140 gr Ballistic Tip. The bullet flies flatter, straighter, and packs a wallop upon impact. The new Nosler ammo features the Nosler Ballistic Tip, a bullet design that has received continual improvements over its 30-year history. The bullet features a polymer tip, color coated by caliber, that helps keep the bullet intact ahead of impact. The design includes a full-tapered jacket with a special lead-alloy core and a heavy jacketed base.
5# 260 Remington – 120 Grain TTSX Boat Tail – Barnes
Searching for the deadliest bullets on the planet? Pay attention to Barnes VOR-TX precision ammunition. Loaded with Barnes TSX, Tipped TSX, and TSX FN bullets, this ammunition offers superb accuracy, terminal performance, and hand-loaded precision. The TSX bullets feature double-diameter expansion, maximum weight retention, and excellent accuracy, making them ideal for taking down big game animals. The bullets’ shanks are grooved to reduce pressure and improve accuracy, and the all-copper construction ensures quick expansion on contact.
6# 260 Remington – 129 Grain Super Shock Tip – Hornady
Do you want to buy the perfect ammunition for your next hunt? Check out Hornady’s Super performance line of ammunition. This unique ammunition is 100 to 200 fps faster than traditional ammunition, without any increases in felt recoil, muzzle blast, temperature sensitivity, or fouling. Thanks to its innovative design, Superformance ammo achieves superior performance in every gun it’s fired in. Additionally, its specialized propellants take your favorite SST or GMX bullets to new levels of performance that are unattainable with traditional propellants.
7# 260 Remington – 129 Grain Brass Cased – Nosler
Introducing the all-new AccuBond-LR from Nosler – the sleekest, flattest-shooting, bonded hunting bullet ever created! This high-performance boat tail bullet is designed for long-range hunters and shooters who demand the very best in terms of accuracy and performance. The unique design of the AccuBond-LR allows for the highest possible ballistic coefficient in a bullet of the same caliber and weight, making it the perfect choice for anyone looking to get the most out of their rifle.
8# 260 Remington – 130 Grain Controlled Expansion Tip Brass Cased – Sig Sauer
The Sig Sauer 260 Remington is a high-powered rifle cartridge that is perfect for hunting medium to big games at extended ranges. The exclusive jacket design delivers reliable explosive expansion and devastating on-game performance. The concentric blackened jacket ensures reliable explosive expansion while the translucent yellow tip increases the ballistic coefficient and improves terminal performance. The enhanced boat tail design provides superior flight characteristics over a wide range of velocities.
9# 260 Remington – 130 Grain Hybrid Tactical Open Tip Match Brass Cased – Berger
If you need a round that strikes the ideal balance between ballistic performance and overall length, the 260 Remington from Berger is a great choice. The 130 gr AR Hybrid OTM Tactical load is designed to deliver maximum performance from your AR-10 platform or any magazine-fed rifle. The hybrid design of the bullet ensures excellent aerodynamic properties, while the open-tip match ensures superb accuracy.
10# 260 Remington – 140 Grain Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point – Remington
The Remington 260 Remington – 140 Grain Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point Rifle Ammo is a good choice for hunters who need an effective and reliable bullet. The Core-Lokt Controlled Expansion Vulture Smoothie is a controlled expansion bullet that’s been relied on by hunters for over 75 years. The tapered copper jacket on this Remington 260 Remington 140gr Core-Lokt Pointed Soft Point Rifle Ammo is locked to a solid lead core that delivers massive two-fold expansion, impressive weight retention, and astounding terminal performance that’s ideal for use in dangerous games.
11# 260 Remington – 140 Grain Match Burner Open Tip Match Boat Tail – Barnes
Do you want to choose an exceptionally accurate, long-range precision ammunition? It’s Barnes’ 260 Remington Match Burner Open Tip Match Boat Tail. These rounds are loaded with a match-grade OTM (Open Tip Match) BT projectile featuring a long boat tail and high B.C., making them perfect for extreme precision at extreme distances, you can be assured of consistency and top-tier performance. So if you’re searching for the best of the best, choose Barnes.
12# 260 Remington – 125 Grain Partition Brass Cased – Nosler
Introducing the Nosler Trophy Grade Centerfire Rifle Ammunition is your answer. Nosler bullets and brass create optimum hunting performance, and many options are available, including those loaded with Partition Ballistic Tip E-Tip and AccuBond. The combinations of bullet and powder are high-performance and each round has been visually inspected to ensure measurements and weights are correct. So if you need a dependable bullet that will get the job done right, check out Nosler Trophy Grade Centerfire Rifle Ammunition.
13# 260 Remington – 130 Grain Brass Cased – Nosler
The Nosler Match Grade-RDF ammunition is high-performance ammunition loaded with the Nosler RDF bullet, which features best-in-class BCs for consistent precision and flat trajectory at long range. The brass is Nosler head stamped for guaranteed quality, and each round is visually inspected for perfect reliability. Whether you’re a seasoned marksman or a beginner who wants to up your game, Nosler Match Grade-RDF ammo provides the consistency and accuracy you need to come out on top.
How to reload?🧑🔧
- 🔶 To begin the reloading process, you will need a reloading press, dies, shell holders, primers, powder measures, and scales.
- 🔶 You will also need case lube or sizing wax and media for cleaning brass cases.
- 🔶 Additionally, you will need components such as cases (based on the type of ammunition you are reloading), bullets, wads, and primers.
📌 When gathering all these tools together for the first time can be intimidating, but don’t worry – it gets easier with practice.
Once you have all of your supplies, the next step is to ensure that everything is properly set up and organized.
- ➡️ First, make sure to check the case trim length, which can be done by measuring with calipers or a gauge for those cartridges that require it.
- 🔷When measuring the cases for trimming, you will want to make sure the cases are 1/10th inch shorter than factory specs.
- ➡️ Next, inspect the inside of each case for any obstructions like dirt or residue from previous rounds.
- 🔷This requires using a chamfer tool as well as cleaning media such as walnut shells or stainless steel pins. Once they are clean, lubricate them with sizing wax or lube to prevent sticking during sizing.
- ➡️ Next, you will need to properly seat and crimp the bullets into each case.
- 🔷This requires a set of dies for that particular cartridge and is done by slowly pushing each bullet into the case until it meets factory specifications. After seating is complete, use a taper crimp die to ensure proper pressure is applied when chambering rounds.
- ➡️ Finally, after all, your cases are loaded with components and ready to go, you should check powder weights with a scale before firing them to confirm they have been properly filled up.
🤠 Once completed correctly, reloaded ammo can be safer and more accurate than most factory ammunition.
260 Remington is the best choice for shooting and hunting. Its high ballistic coefficient makes it ideal for long-range shots, while its relatively low recoil means that it can be used comfortably by shooters of all experience levels. In addition, its wide range of load options makes it suitable for everything from varmint hunting to big game hunting. We hope that information about the brands and loads mentioned above will help you to find the best 260 Remington ammunition for your needs.😊