Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best 300 Blackout Compensator in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
What is a compensator? 🤔
It is a muzzle device that reduces recoil and muzzle rise. It redirects the high-pressure gases that are created when the gunpowder ignites and a round is fired. These gases are redirected in such a way as to counteract the effect of the recoil, thus allowing for faster follow-up shots.
Compensator offers a range of benefits that make them an ideal choice for your firearm.
- ❇️ It helps to reduce muzzle climb and felt recoil, allowing for faster follow-up shots and more accurate shooting.
- ❇️ The compensator also reduces flash signature, making it less likely to be seen by others in low-light situations.
- ❇️ Additionally, it is designed to work with short-barreled rifles, helping to ensure that you are still able to keep your rifle maneuverable while increasing performance.
- ❇️ Finally, the compensator can be used in both suppressed and unsuppressed firearms, offering even more versatility.
It is an important piece of equipment for any shooter. Here are some of the features:
- ➡️ Compatibility: The compensator must be designed specifically for use with 300 Blackout ammunition, as not all calibers are compatible.
- ➡️ Flash reduction: Many compensators offer flash reduction technology to help protect shooters from being blinded by bright muzzle flash.
- ➡️ Recoil reduction: Quality compensators will also reduce felt recoil, making shooting pleasurable.
- ➡️ Ported or non-ported: Compensators can come with either port (openings) or without them. Ported compensators allow some of the gases to escape outwards, helping to reduce felt recoil, while non-ported compensators only help to reduce muzzle climb.
- ➡️ Durability: It is constructed from corrosion-resistant materials like stainless steel or aluminum to ensure a long service life and reliable performance.
📌 The right compensator can help reduce muzzle climb and flash, while also reducing felt recoil.
There are generally three types of compensators: linear, radial, and hybrid.
- ☑️ Linear compensators have a simple design that includes a single port angled slightly forward to reduce felt recoil and muzzle jump. This type of compensator is most effective at reducing felt recoil and is best suited for use with full-power ammunition.
- ☑️ Radial compensators feature several small circumferential ports located around the circumference of the barrel near the muzzle end. Radial ports are designed to redirect gas outwards to counteract muzzle rise upon firing. They tend to be less aggressive in their recoil reduction than linear compensators but still offer some muzzle control.
- ☑️ Finally, hybrid compensators feature both linear and radial port designs, which allows them to offer the benefits of both types of compensator designs. Hybrid compensators are often the most versatile option, as they can be used with any type of ammunition and provide effective recoil reduction and muzzle control.
😎 With the correct information and guidance, you’ll be equipped with the best compensator available!
Our Selection 11 Best 🎯 300 Blackout Compensator
1# Kaw Valley Precision MACH Linear Compensator Body KVP-MACH-B-3
Tired of compensators that are the wrong length? Introducing the Kaw Valley Precision MACH Linear Compensator Body. This patent pending linear compensator system is completely user configurable, so you can find the perfect length for your needs. By utilizing 1-1/8×28 TPI internal threads, the MACH Modular Linear Comp can utilize common suppressor attachments, such as a SilencerCo 3-Lug Mount, SilencerCo Direct thread mounts, etc. Machined from 6061-T651 Aluminum and hard coat anodized for wear protection, this compensator is built to last. So if you’re searching for a comp that you can configure to your liking, look no further than the Kaw Valley Precision MACH Linear Compensator Body.
2# Jacob Grey Custom .300 Blackout Spiral Comp
If you’re looking for a sleek and stylish way to reduce muzzle blast, the Jacob Grey Custom .300 Blackout Spiral Comp is a perfect choice. This innovative design features a twisted fluted body that reduces weight while providing an aggressive aesthetic appearance. The JGC provides forward directional muzzle blast control, meaning you won’t have to worry about disturbing your shooting partners while you’re in the middle of firing. Additionally, the ports are ideally positioned to provide muzzle blast displacement and suppression away from the shooter and forward of surrounding shooters. So not only will you look good when you’re shouldering your rifle, but you’ll also be doing everyone around you a favor by keeping the noise down. Whether you’re just starting or you’re a seasoned marksman, the Jacob Grey Custom .300 Blackout Spiral Comp is a must-have addition to your shooting accessories.
3# V Seven Titanium 300 Blackout Short Brake MB TI-SHORT7.62
The V Seven Titanium 300 Blackout Short Brake is the ideal muzzle brake for shooters who want to maintain a low weight without comprising power. This single baffle muzzle brake offers great recoil reduction and muzzle control, making it a great choice for shooters who want to stay in the fight. Additionally, the unique design of the baffles redirects muzzle blast forward, making it a great choice for shooters who need to maintain a solid shooting position. If you’re looking for a muzzle brake that offers great performance without adding excessive weight, the V Seven Titanium 300 Blackout Short Brake is a perfect choice.
4# VG6 Precision Gamma Muzzle Device APVG100003A
Whether you’re a seasoned marksman or a first-time shooter, you’ll appreciate the VG6 Precision Gamma 300BLK Tactical Muzzle Brake. designed using state-of-the-art engineering tools, this muzzle brake is guaranteed to deliver exceptional form and function. The unique design virtually eliminates felt recoil and minimizes muzzle rise, so you can keep your focus on your target. CNC machined for superior precision, the VG6 Precision Gamma 300BLK Hybrid Muzzle Brake is an essential piece of equipment for any serious shooter.
5# Fortis Manufacturing Muzzle Brake 300BLK-MB
The Fortis Manufacturing Muzzle Brake is a unique muzzle brake that performs like no other. This brake was designed with the sharp lines of the Fortis brand in mind, and it’s evident in the product’s detailed machining and form. The Fortis Manufacturing Muzzle Brake is unlike any other muzzle brake on the market, and if you try it once you’ll see why. The performance is unmatched, with zero muzzle rise, so you can keep your speed and accuracy up. With a more down range and on target, the Fortis Manufacturing Muzzle Brake is a must-have for any serious shooter.
6# CMMG ZEROED .308 Linear Compensator
The CMMG ZEROED .308 Linear Comp is a compact, high-functioning muzzle device. Redirecting the muzzle blast forward while reducing rise will improve your shooting experience with this linear compensator. Threaded 5/8-24 and machined from 303 Stainless Steel with a Nitride finish, the CMMG ZEROED .308 Linear Comp is a reliable barrel accessory that will complete the look of your gun.
7# Airborne Arms AAS8 Spectre Muzzle Brake
Introducing the Airborne Arms AAS8 Spectre Muzzle Brake! This muzzle brake significantly improves sight-recovery time and felt recoil in a sub-1×3 competition-legal dimension. The Spectre Muzzle Brakes are precision CNC-machined from a solid bar of stainless steel. The Spectre series muzzle brakes utilize a large initial expansion chamber and a graduated three-port design of precisely angled baffles to minimize muzzle rise and cancel out a significant portion of the felt recoil. The rear of the Spectre muzzle brake is designed to cover the stainless steel timing shims (included) and blend into a round barrel shape, providing a flush look with no special tools required. So if you need a top-quality muzzle brake that will improve your shooting performance, then look at the Airborne Arms AAS8 Spectre Muzzle Brake!
8# Dark Storm Industries Competition Compensator
The top-of-the-line Dark Storm Industries Competition Compensator is designed to give your competition-level rifle the edge it needs to come out on top. Constructed from durable and long-lasting materials, this compensator will withstand the rigors of competitive shooting for years to come. Featuring a sleek and stylish design, this compensator is sure to make your rifle look good as well as perform at its best. Give your rifle the competitive edge it needs with the Dark Storm Industries Competition Compensator!
9# Manticore Arms Reverb 1/2×28 Muzzlebrake
Muzzle brakes are a great way to keep your weapon’s muzzle down without reducing performance. Check out the Manticore Arms Reverb Muzzle Brake! This small brake is perfect for any round smaller than 9mm and has three slots on each side which help stabilize the muzzle during both single shots and rapid fire. The Reverb Muzzle Brake is manufactured from 8620 steel, heat treated, and coated in black oxide for durability. It is marked “MA” and “9mm” to denote that it is made in specialized factories by Manticore Arms for any weapon up to 9mm caliber. The Reverb Muzzle Brake comes with a crush washer and is 1.75″ long. It weighs 2.6 ounces and has a standard 22mm diameter, allowing for the use of most standard NATO muzzle accessories.
10# Desert Tech Ratchet Compensator
The Ratchet Compensator enhances muzzle control while reducing gas flow to your face. This nifty little muzzle device is designed to help you keep your barrel position neutral while firing, minimizing recoil by more than 50% in the process. Plus, it’s compatible with the Strike Industries Oppressor blast deflector for an even more immersive shooting experience. So whether you’re trying to up your game at the range or just looking for a little more confidence out on the field, the Ratchet Compensator is the perfect solution.
11# Guntec USA AR-10 Multi-Spike Muzzle Brake 308SPIKE
This incredible muzzle brake offers three side ports to reduce felt recoil and improve accuracy for follow-up shots. Additionally, the multi-port compensator redirects gas to stabilize the muzzle and reduce rise. And finally, the door breacher spike points can be used in case of emergency. All of this comes in a sleek and stylish Cerakoted flat-back finish. So if you want a muzzle brake that looks good and performs even better, pick up the Guntec USA AR-10 Multi-Spike Muzzle Brake today!
Installing a compensator onto your firearm is a relatively simple process that can be completed at home with basic tools in just a few minutes.
The first step is making sure you have all of the necessary tools and parts:
- 🛠️ A screwdriver or Allen wrench that matches the screws on the compensator.
- 🛠️ Compensator itself
- 🛠️ Your firearm’s barrel
- 🛠️ Thread locker
After assembling these components:
- ➡️ Start by removing any old parts from your barrel if they are present and place the compensator on top.
- ➡️ When the compensator is in place, use the screwdriver or Allen wrench to secure it.
- ➡️ Once the compensator is in position, apply the thread locker to any exposed threads to ensure a secure fit and prevent them from coming loose.
👍 Once you have completed these steps, your compensator installation is complete!
The best compensator is the one that fits your needs the best. Whether you are looking for a compensator to reduce recoil or muzzle rise, there is sure to be one on the market that will work perfectly for you. We have provided some of the top-rated compensators on the market and hope that this buyer’s guide has been helpful in your search! Thanks for reading! 😎🔥