Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best AK 47 Compensator 2023 in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
What is AK 47 compensator? 🧐
It is a muzzle device designed to reduce the amount of recoil felt when firing an AK 47 rifle. Compensators work by releasing some of the gases created during firing, which counters the gun’s tendency to kick back and reduces muzzle climb.
Compensators are an essential accessory for many AK 47 owners. They provide recoil reduction, improved accuracy, and faster follow-up shots for a shooter’s overall performance.
- ❇️ Weight: lighter compensators will reduce the overall weight of your firearm while heavier compensators absorb more of the recoil energy generated with each shot.
- ✴️ When choosing between lightweight and heavy compensators, it is essential to consider how the rifle will be used and what type of shooting it will be used for.
- ❇️ Size: a larger size may extend beyond the barrel length of your weapon, which can increase muzzle flip, whereas a smaller size may not completely control all of the muzzle blasts from each shot fired.
- ✴️ Choosing the proper size ensures that you can get optimal results from your compensator without having too much muzzle rise or excess noise escaping from your gun.
- ❇️ The construction materials: steel is usually preferred due to its durability and resistant qualities against corrosion or wear over time. But aluminum can also be found on lighter models that won’t add additional weight to your gun as well as other materials like polymer composites which are designed to be both lightweight and durable at the same time.
😎 The best compensator should offer optimal muzzle control without sacrificing accuracy and reliability while remaining lightweight enough for extended use without causing fatigue or discomfort during practice sessions or competitions.
Compensators are an important part of any rifle, and they can provide many benefits when used correctly.
- ☑️ They work by redirecting gas generated from firing to the sides or upward instead of out the front end of the barrel. As a result, you get more control with less effort and reduced fatigue when shooting for extended periods.
- ☑️ Moreover, with their easy installation and lighter weight compared to other accessories such as muzzle brakes, compensators are ideal for those looking for a quick way to improve accuracy and shoot faster without spending too much money.
- ☑️ They are also beneficial in that they don’t increase sound signature like other muzzle devices do since they don’t vent gas forward in large quantities. This makes them ideal for indoor ranges where sound must be kept to minimum or outdoor competitions where shooters need maximum accuracy.
- ☑️ Finally, it offers improved performance in terms of accuracy while also providing stability in rapid-fire situations thanks to its design characteristics which create a counter force against recoil forces, allowing you to maintain better control over your firearm during prolonged shooting sessions or competitive events where accuracy is critical.
⚙️How to time muzzle device? ⚙️
Timing a muzzle device correctly is an important step. Here’s how to time the AK 47 compensator:
- ➡️ Start by ensuring your compensator is firmly secured on the firearm and that it has been torqued to its appropriate range using a quality torque wrench.
- ➡️ With a cleaning rod or other tool, depress the operating rod handle deeply into the battery position and then remove it from the compensator. This will ensure that your device is lined up with the bore of your firearm for proper installation.
- ➡️ Once you confirmed that your compensator is lined up correctly, use a quality indexing tool to ensure that it is secured in place. The compensator should be indexed so that it does not interfere with further components of your firearm.
- ➡️ Finally, once you have confirmed that it has been properly installed and indexed, fire several rounds to test for functionality and accuracy.
The 10 Best 🔥 Compensators for My AK 47 – Editor’s Choice
1# VG6 Precision Epsilon AK Muzzle Device
The VG6 Precision Epsilon AK Muzzle Device is the perfect choice for the discriminating shooter and professional end-user. This true combination muzzle brake/compensator/flash hider offers the best in muzzle control and recoil mitigation, while also providing an amazing look. The difference in porting is noticed on the underside of the device where it has 6 valve holes to allow the fastest gasses reaching the second chamber to exit. This creates a very soft low energy recoil that allows for absolute control. Get the best of both worlds with the VG6 Precision Epsilon AK Muzzle Device!
2# NcSTAR AK 47 Muzzle Brake
Check out the NcSTAR AK 47 Muzzle Brake if you want a reliable method to decrease muzzle rise on your AK 47. This muzzle brake is designed to eliminate all muzzle rise, making it a great choice for target and competitive shooting. The design of the muzzle brake is very clever, and it ensures positive alignment during installation. Installation is simple: screw on the whole assembly, using a small screwdriver to hold down the stock detent pin until the brake is seated. With the NcSTAR AK 47 Muzzle Brake, you’ll be able to shoot with confidence, knowing that your AK will have reduced muzzle rise.
3# DoubleStar Carlson Nitro Flash Enhancer for AK 47 Muzzle Brake
The Carlson Nitro Flash Enhancer for AK 47 Muzzle Brake from DoubleStar is a must-have accessory for your AK 47 rifle. This muzzle brake will help you get the most out of your shots, with the gas rapidly escaping through the convex ports and creating a large muzzle flash. This flash enhancer also acts as a compensator, diverting the gas away from your face and making your shots more accurate. The Nitro Flash Enhancer is a great way to turn heads at the range and have more fun with your AK 47 rifle.
4# DELTAC Slingshot Muzzle Brake For AK 47
The DELTAC Slingshot muzzle brake is a fantastic option for individuals who want to minimize the shock and muzzle climb of their weapon. Made of weapon-grade 4130 steel, it is designed for strength and durability. This muzzle brake will reduce the felt recoil by up to 70%, making it easier on your shoulder and allowing you to keep on shooting. It also has an attractive brushed finish that will add a touch of style to your gun.
5# Ultradyne Vostok AK 47 Compensator
Ultradyne’s Vostok AK 47 Compensator is the perfect choice for shooters seeking a high-performance muzzle device. The 2-port design is compact and lightweight but offers impressive performance that will help shooters stay on target. Gases are strategically diverted away and out of the shooter’s line of sight. Vostok strongly reduces recoil and minimizes muzzle rise helping the shooter get back on target quicker to ensure more accurate follow-up shots. A crush washer is included for precision installation.
6# SGM Tactical VEPR AK 47 Conical Rifle Muzzle Brake
The SGM Tactical VEPR AK 47 Conical Rifle Muzzle Brake is a great addition to your firearm. This muzzle brake will drastically improve accuracy and reduce recoil. The two-piece conical design will deflect flash and smoke to the sides, allowing you to get back on target quickly. This muzzle brake is made from heat-treated steel and has a black oxide finish. Don’t miss out on this great muzzle brake!
7# Arsenal AK 47/74 Style Brake
Arsenal AK 47/74 Style Brake is a high-quality AK part, that combines a slick design with detailed attention to perfect functionality and workmanship. This brake is made in one piece and incorporates the ever-popular crescent design. The one-piece design creates a perfectly symmetric compensator, resulting in an equal amount of excess gas escape and uniform recoil reduction with no negative effect on accuracy. The 3 ports on the top are positioned to counter the natural “high and to the right” recoil by forcing gas pressure out of the holes to counter muzzle rise.
8# VG6 Precision Episilon AK BBSS Muzzle Device
Formulated using some of the most heavy-duty and dependable substances around, this VG6 Precision Episilon AK BBSS Muzzle Device. This muzzle device will provide you with a great deal of stability. VG6 Precision has been generating high-quality merchandise for a very long time, and the VG6 Precision Episilon AK BBSS Muzzle Device is their approach to demonstrating how much they care.
9# Century Arms Draco Dual Port Muzzle Brake
Looking for a little something to spruce up your AK? Check out our new Draco Dual Port Muzzle Brake! It’s machined from steel for maximum durability and finished in black nitride for a sleek, professional look. Even better, it does an incredible job of reducing felt recoil. So if you’re searching for a muzzle brake that looks great and performs even better, the Draco is the way to go!
10# SLR SR 47 AK Series Muzzle Brake
Introducing the SLR SR 47 AK Series Muzzle Brake! It’s only 1.2 inches long and 1.5 ounces, but don’t let the size fool you. This muzzle brake is one of the most effective ways to reduce muzzle rise and recoil on your AK 47. It’s also compatible with AK 74 rifles and performs just as well. The single port design and steel construction with melonite QPQ finish make this muzzle brake tough as nails. If you need a small but mighty muzzle brake, the SLR SR 47 AK Series Muzzle Brake is the way to go!
- ✅ Once ready, begin by disassembling your AK 47 rifle and removing the gas block, which will be replaced with the compensator.
- ✅ Once removed, locate the muzzle device threads on the barrel, and install a threaded muzzle device bushing onto the end of your barrel. This will allow for proper alignment of the compensator when attaching it to the gun.
- ✅ Use thread locking compound on both sides of the muzzle device bushing before sliding it into place.
- ✅ Then put some thread-locking compound on the threads of your compensator and secure it to the bushing.
- ✅ Make sure to tighten it down securely. Double-checking to make sure everything is safely in place❗
- ✅ When finished, reassemble your rifle and test your comp by shooting at a target.
🧑🔧 Always take proper safety precautions when installing any type of firearm accessory or accessory part!
When searching for a compensator for your AK 47, it is important to consider the factors mentioned in this article. Hopefully, this buyer’s guide has helped you narrow down your choices and make an informed decision about which compensator is best for you and your rifle. Good shopping and thanks for reading! 🥰❤️🔥
Tags: #best compensator for ak 47/ #best ak 47 muzzle / compensator for accuracy / #best ak 47 muzzle compensator / #best compensator for my ak 47
However, it’s worth asking whether there is a better muzzle device available for AK 47.
When it comes to muzzle devices for AK 47s, it’s important to keep in mind that personal preferences and specific needs can greatly impact what works best for each individual. As such, it’s rare to definitively say that one muzzle device is the “best” overall.
I’m curious to know: what’s everyone’s favorite attachment to put on the end of their AK 47? I’ve heard a lot of positive feedback regarding the Lantau Drakon, VG6 Epsilon, and BD2 AK muzzle devices. As I have a 16-inch barrel and want to improve recoil control, I’m wondering which of these options, if any, is the best.
In my experience, it’s unlikely that anyone has tried every single AK 47 muzzle device available, so it’s important to take individual preferences and needs into account. In my opinion, the difference between these options is minimal and it ultimately comes down to personal preference for either a brake, a flash hider, or a compromise between the two. I’ve used many of these large muzzle brakes but ultimately ended up removing them as they made the rifle too front-heavy. While they do look cool, the AK 47 doesn’t recoil enough to make them a necessity. For me, the best option in terms of weight and size is the NcSTAR AK 47 muzzle brake.
Muzzle brake or compensator? What should I get?
When firing a gun, the recoil can be greatly reduced by using brakes, which work by expelling the gasses to the sides and back. However, this process results in a violent expansion of gas, creating a strong concussion that can affect both the shooter and those nearby. On the other hand, compensators are designed to mitigate muzzle rise and typically include flash-hiding features, but they do not address recoil.
While flash hiders are highly effective at reducing visible muzzle flash produced by firearms, it’s important to consider the specific needs of the shooter. In some cases, such as when using a 5.56 caliber firearm, flash reduction may be the primary concern. However, for those using a 7.62 caliber firearm, reducing recoil may also be a desirable feature. In these cases, there are muzzle devices available, such as the DoubleStar Carlson Nitro Flash Enhancern, that are designed to provide both flash reduction and recoil reduction, making them a versatile option for shooters looking to address both concerns.
I’m new to AKs and looking for a muzzle brake, but I’m on a budget and don’t want to spend a lot of money. Can you recommend a good AK muzzle brake under $100?
It sounds like you’re a fan of the VG6 Precision Epsilon AK muzzle device, which seems to be working well for you.