Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best 3 Gun Compensator 2023 in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
If you’re a competitive shooter, it’s important to have the best gear possible. That’s why finding the best 3 gun compensator is essential.
In this sport, shooters are trying to quickly put rounds on target while remaining as accurate as possible. Shooters are scored on their time, with penalties adding time to their finished score. This makes speed the primary focus, which is where a good compensator comes in handy. A compensator can help decrease split times or the time between shots, giving you a competitive edge. Muzzle brakes may also offer recoil reduction, but most shooters use 5.56 guns with the occasional 7.62 blaster. Neither have enough recoil to cause pain or discomfort. A compensator, on the other hand, makes it so the weapon can be used faster and more accurately than alternatives – making it a must-have for any serious 3-Gunner.
So, which compensators are the best for 3 gun competitions? Keep reading to find out!
Table of Contents
- Top 7 Best Compensator For 3 Gun
Top 7 Best Compensator For 3 Gun
#1 ArmaLite M15 3-Gun Muzzle Brake
If you’re looking for a muzzle brake that can be custom tuned to your individual rifle and ammunition for optimal performance, the ArmaLite M15 3-Gun Muzzle Brake is a perfect choice. This highly innovative recoil reduction solution is designed with the competitive shooter in mind, and is able to be tuned to your specific needs. With just a cordless drill and a box of ammo, you can have your rifle soft-shooting and neutral-recoiling in no time. So don’t miss out on your chance to take your shooting game to the next level – order the ArmaLite M15 3-Gun Muzzle Brake today!
#2 Dark Hour Defense 3 Gun Muzzle Brake
Developed using some of the most durable and long-lasting materials available, the Dark Hour Defense 3 Gun Muzzle Brake is built to last. Dark Hour Defense has been making high-quality products for years, and this muzzle brake is their way of showing you just how much they care. At OpticsPlanet, we pride ourselves on offering the best products to our customers, and the Dark Hour Defense 3 Gun Muzzle Brake is definitely one of them. This muzzle brake is designed to reduce recoil and muzzle rise, giving you better control over your shots. It also features a number of ports that help reduce noise and muzzle flash. So if you’re looking for a top-quality muzzle brake that will give you years of consistent performance, look no further than the Dark Hour Defense 3 Gun Muzzle Brake!
#3 ArmaLite AR10 3-Gun Muzzle Brake
The ArmaLite AR10 3-Gun Muzzle Brake is the perfect choice for competitive shooters who want to reduce recoil and gain an edge on the competition. This muzzle brake is made from stainless steel and features tuning screws, so you can adjust it to your specific rifle and ammunition for the best possible performance. Plus, it’s backed by ArmaLite’s quality and reputation, so you know you’re getting a top-notch product. So if you’re looking for a muzzle brake that can help you take your game to the next level, the ArmaLite AR10 3-Gun Muzzle Brake is a perfect choice.
#4 BANG MICULEK COMPENSATOR
The Bang Miculek Compensator is the unique muzzle device designed by world-renowned shooter Jerry Miculek. This compensator is specifically designed for all .223/5.56 NATO modern-sporting rifles equipped with 1/2-28 TPI threaded muzzles. The distinctive feature of this comp is its six ports paired with three baffles that direct muzzle gas out sideways, reducing recoil and muzzle climb. Additionally, the solid bottom prevents venting gas from throwing up dust while shooting prone. The device measures 7/8-inch diameter and 2-inch overall length, and ships with a lock nut for installation. It’s an invaluable tool for any AR-15 owner looking to improve their shooting performance.
#5 J P ENTERPRISES 3-PORT COMPENSATOR
No matter what the competition throws at you, the JP Enterprises 3-Port Compensator will help you keep your cool and come out on top. With ports that are tuned to match the performance of the RE Series, this compensator gives you the flat shooting and neutral results you need to stay ahead of the pack. And since it’s 1″ x 3″ dimensional rule compliant, it’s perfect for use in SOF/Tactical/USPSA Limited competitions. So when you’re looking for an edge, reach for the JP Enterprises 3-Port Compensator.
#6 LANCER SYSTEMS NITROUS COMPENSATOR
The Lancer Systems Nitrous .30-caliber Compensator is a must-have for big-bore rifle owners who want to reduce felt recoil in their guns. Engineered with a blast chamber and adjustable jets, the Nitrous Compensator significantly reduces muzzle climb and felt recoil, providing faster and more consistent follow-on shots. The jets, located at the 12 o’clock position on the compensator, direct excess gas upward to minimize muzzle climb. Whether you’re a competitive shooter or just enjoy hitting the range, the Lancer Systems Nitrous Compensator is sure to give you an edge.
#7 PRECISION ARMAMENT SEVERE-DUTY BRAKE
Precision Armament’s Severe-Duty Brake is the perfect choice for shooters who demand the utmost in performance and reliability. This compensator features a large initial expansion chamber that dissipates combustion gases at a lower pressure, then directs the gases to the side and rear through precisely canted vents. The innovative reverse venting design reduces recoil and blowback while eliminating muzzle rise, and the closed bottom in the compensator greatly diminishes dust signature. The Severe-Duty Brake is machined from high-strength stainless steel for corrosion resistance, and it will not erode due to the extreme heat of an automatic fire. Installation of the brake requires the use of Accu-Washers (sold separately) for proper installation.
What does a compensator do for a gun?
A compensator, also sometimes called a muzzle brake, is a type of firearm accessory that is attached to the muzzle of a gun. Its primary purpose is to reduce recoil and muzzle rise, making it easier for the shooter to keep the sights on target during rapid fire. Compensators can also help to reduce noise and muzzle flash.
What are the benefits of using a Compensator?
- Reduced Recoil: The most obvious benefit of a compensator is that it helps to reduce recoil. This is especially helpful when shooting rapid fire, as it makes it easier to keep the sights on target.
- Reduced Muzzle Rise: In addition to reducing recoil, a compensator can also help to reduce muzzle rise. This is the tendency of the muzzle to rise after each shot, making it difficult to maintain a steady aim. A compensator can help to counteract this effect, making it easier to stay on target.
- Reduced Noise and Muzzle Flash: Another benefit of a compensator is that it can help to reduce noise and muzzle flash. This is especially helpful if you are shooting in an enclosed space, such as indoors.
What are the drawbacks of using a compensator?
- Can Be Loud: One potential drawback of a compensator is that it can be quite loud. This is due to the fact that it redirects some of the gases that are expelled when the gun is fired. If you are shooting in an enclosed space, this can be quite deafening.
- Can Be Annoying to Others: In addition to being loud, a compensator can also be quite annoying to others nearby. The redirected gases can often hit nearby objects or people, causing a loud noise and potentially damaging whatever they hit.
- Can Be Illegal: In some states, it is illegal to use a compensator on a gun. This is because they are often considered to be sound suppressors. Before using a compensator, be sure to check your local laws to make sure that it is legal in your area.
What are the types of Compensators?
- Linear Compensators: A linear compensator is a type of compensator that redirects the gases in a linear fashion. This helps to reduce both recoil and muzzle rise, making it an ideal choice for rapid fire.
- Brake Mount Compensators: A brake mount compensator is a type of compensator that mounts onto the barrel just behind the muzzle brake. This helps to reduce both recoil and muzzle rise, making it an ideal choice for rapid fire.
- Flash Hiders: A flash hider is a type of compensator that is designed to reduce muzzle flash. This is especially helpful when shooting in low light conditions, as it can help to conceal your position.
- Sound Suppressors: A sound suppressor is a type of compensator that is designed to reduce noise. This is especially helpful when shooting in an enclosed space, as it can help to reduce the amount of noise that is generated.
When it comes to choosing the best 3 Gun compensator for your needs, there are many factors to consider. In this article, we have outlined the most important considerations and provided reviews of some of the top-rated 3 gun compensators on the market. We hope that this information will help you choose the right compensator for your needs and give you a better understanding of what is available on the market. Thanks for reading!
Tags: #best 3 gun compensator / #best 3 gun muzzle brake / #best compensator for 3 gun / #best ar 15 compensator for 3 gun / #best muzzle brake for 3 gun competition / #best ar compensator 3 gun