Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best Glock Barrel in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
Table of Contents
- Our Selection 15 Best Glock Barrel
- Why do we need a Glock barrel?
- Best Pick
- Budget Pick
- TRYBE Defense Glock 43/43X Match Grade Non-Threaded Pistol Barrel
- #1 TRYBE Defense GLOCK 22/31 9mm Threaded Conversion Pistol Barrel, 3 models
- #2 Lone Wolf Arms Glock 23/32 9mm Threaded Conversion Barrel, 2 models
- #3 SilencerCo Threaded Barrel For Glock, 8 models
- #4 True Precision Glock 19 Threaded Barrel, 1/2×28, 7 models
- #5 Faxon Firearms Glock Match Series Gen 2-4 Flame Fluted Barrel, 3 models
- #6 TRYBE Defense Glock 43/43X Match Grade Non-Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
- #7 SGM Tactical Glock 19 Compatible Match Threaded Barrel, 2 models
- #8 Rival Arms Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Precision Threaded Drop-in Barrel, 2 models
- #9 Lone Wolf Arms AlphaWolf Glock 27/33 9mm Conversion Barrel AW-279N
- #10 True Precision Glock 26 Non-Threaded Barrel, 7 models
- #11 Lone Wolf Arms Glock 22/31 9mm Threaded Conversion Barrel, 1/2×28 LWD-229TH
- #12 Killer Innovations Velocity Glock 17 Threaded Barrel, 3 models
- #13 Strike Industries ARK Barrel for Glock 17 Gen 1-4 SI-G-BARREL-17
- #14 Grey Ghost Precision Glock 17 Match Grade Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
- #15 TRYBE Defense Glock 17 Match Grade Non-Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
- How To Install Barrel at Glock
- How To Clean Glock Barrel
Our Selection 15 Best Glock Barrel
Glocks are popular and widely used thanks to their unsophisticated design and convenient firing mechanisms with gentle triggers. Every gun needs constant maintenance, each part has its wearing time, which depends on the material and used ammunition. The Glock barrels should be changed after 5000 rounds to ensure high accuracy.
Why do we need a Glock barrel?
It is convenient to update the gun by mounting a modern Glock barrel to enhance precision and make the handguns lighter. The new barrel allows attaching the scope easily on it, not on the receiver.
SilencerCo Threaded Barrel For Glock
These barrels feature a wide range of barrel lengths and gun models. Reliable material and finish ensure long-lasting service life.
TRYBE Defense Glock 43/43X Match Grade Non-Threaded Pistol Barrel
Ultra-precise Non-Threaded Pistol Barrels ensure peak performance. TRYBE Defense designed a heat-treated, durable tin coat.
#1 TRYBE Defense GLOCK 22/31 9mm Threaded Conversion Pistol Barrel, 3 models
These match-grade barrels are designed with Pulled broached (Saami Spec 9mm) Rifling and 1-10 Barrel Twist Rate. The TRYBE milled the barrels from Stainless Steel (416R) and coated them with such available finish: Black Nitride; Titanium Nitride (Gold); Black DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon Coating). The TRYBE Defense Conversion Barrels are engineered for Genesis 2-4, Glock 22/31 to convert .40 S&W chambered to shoot 9mm ammo. These Pistol Barrels can be complemented with a TRYBE Defense Universal 9mm Compensator and sleek polymer TRYBE Defense Glock Triggers (available in 4 colors). It is recommended to use G17 magazines and replace the ejector to optimize efficiency and reduce malfunctions.
#2 Lone Wolf Arms Glock 23/32 9mm Threaded Conversion Barrel, 2 models
These barrels are made from the highest-grade mill select stainless steel (416), which is CNC machined and heat treated. The standard groove and land rifling allow shooting with lead, plated, or jacketed rounds. It is recommended to use the 9mm magazine for G23 and G32 conversion to provide dependable feeding.
#3 SilencerCo Threaded Barrel For Glock, 8 models
These threaded barrels are only compatible with Gens 3 and 4, not for 5. These barrels with a 1:10 inch right-hand twist are manufactured from stainless steel (416R) with a black Nitride finish.
#4 True Precision Glock 19 Threaded Barrel, 1/2×28, 7 models
These Match barrels with 1-10 Barrel Twist Rate are engineered to the strictest tolerances and with high-quality control standards. They are crafted from US-sourced certified Match Grade stainless steel (416R) with a PVD finish. Threaded barrels come with a thread protector with an integral Vitton high-heat O-ring and tension lock system. Aesthetical X-Flute design shallow barrel fluting doesn’t affect the barrel’s integrity or its function. The barrels consist of a SAAMI Spec chamber, polished feed ramp.
#5 Faxon Firearms Glock Match Series Gen 2-4 Flame Fluted Barrel, 3 models
These Stainless Steel (416R) Barrels with Flame Fluted, Drop-in Profile are available in 3 models with Nitride Finish in Chameleon color. The barrel with 11 Degree Target Crown is button rifled and fully stress-relieved for flawless shooting with cast bullets.
#6 TRYBE Defense Glock 43/43X Match Grade Non-Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
Match-Grade Non-Threaded stainless steel (416-R) Pistol Barrels ensure peak performance in several finishes. These barrels can shoot with cast bullets, but the mileage will depend on the cast and specific ammunition. The TRYBE Defense offers increased carrying capacity, by adding 4 extra rounds with the +4 Magazine Extension Base Pad pistols; and significantly diminished muzzle rise and sensed recoil due to the TRYBE Defense Universal 9mm Compensator.
#7 SGM Tactical Glock 19 Compatible Match Threaded Barrel, 2 models
SGM Tactical Match Threaded Barrel is crafted from rigid stainless steel 416R with two options of finish: Stainless in Silver color and Nitride in Black. These Drop-In Match Grade Barrels feature 1:10 Twist Rate, coming with six RH Grooves and 11-Degree Target Crown, which allows accuracy enhancement. The barrels aren’t compatible with the Glock 45.
#8 Rival Arms Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Precision Threaded Drop-in Barrel, 2 models
These Threaded Drop-in Barrels are outfitted with six-groove rifling, target crowned muzzle, and a color-matching Rival Arms thread protector. The match-grade precision barrel is CNC-machined from stainless steel billet (416R), covered with low-temperature vacuum PVD, which serves as a sturdy barrier against wear and tear even in severe conditions. BORSLICK inner bore treatment with stands heat and carbon buildup.
#9 Lone Wolf Arms AlphaWolf Glock 27/33 9mm Conversion Barrel AW-279N
These Normal Certified stainless steel (416) Barrels are compatible with all Glock generations and chambered for jacketed or lead-plated ammo. Button rifled barrels with a 3-stage honed bore feature fluting path, allowing them to be protected from heat and debris.
#10 True Precision Glock 26 Non-Threaded Barrel, 7 models
These Non-threaded barrels integrate a SAAMI Spec chamber, thread protector with a tension lock system, polished feed ramp, and integral Vitton high-heat O-ring. Match barrels are constructed to the strictest tolerances and with high-quality control standards. They are manufactured from US-sourced certified Match-Grade stainless steel (416R), covered with PVD.
#11 Lone Wolf Arms Glock 22/31 9mm Threaded Conversion Barrel, 1/2×28 LWD-229TH
The barrels are crafted from the utmost grade mill stainless steel (416), which is CNC-machined and heat-treated. The land rifling and standard groove admit firing with lead, plated, or jacketed rounds. It is recommended to use the G17 9mm magazine for G22, G31, and G35 conversion to provide dependable feeding.
#12 Killer Innovations Velocity Glock 17 Threaded Barrel, 3 models
The barrels are milled from high-grade material and coated with a durable finish. These Single Point Cut with SPT Technology Rifling Profile barrels are outfitted with an 11 target crown for better accuracy. Threaded versions include the original Gen 1 thread protector in Black Nitride and high-temp Rubber O-Ring.
#13 Strike Industries ARK Barrel for Glock 17 Gen 1-4 SI-G-BARREL-17
These Spiral Fluted Barrels will become a sturdy and accurate addition to the handgun, allowing to diminish the build weight as well. The barrel with a black nitride finish is equipped with six-Groove rifling with precision crown, and a polished feed ramp to ensure dependable loading and ejecting.
#14 Grey Ghost Precision Glock 17 Match Grade Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
These Match-Grade drop-in barrels are manufactured from Stainless Steel (416R) with a final dimension (+/- 0.003) to deliver high accuracy. The barrels are available with Black Nitride or Stainless finishes.
#15 TRYBE Defense Glock 17 Match Grade Non-Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
Non-Threaded Pistol Barrels are made of stainless steel (416-R) in some finishes. These TRYBE barrels can be completed with the +4 Magazine Extension Base Pad, which allows enlarging carrying capacity, by adding 4 extra rounds with pistols; and with the TRYBE Defense Universal 9mm Compensator to mitigate muzzle rise and sensed recoil.
How To Install Barrel at Glock
- The barrel nut wrench helps swap the barrels quickly.
- For simpler pulling out, use a barrel vise to align the Glock barrel properly, using anchor points in the receiver to avoid surface scratching.
- While mounting a new Glock barrel, you need to remove the barrel nut and barreled action, then fix the new barrel, tighten the barrel nut to the due torque, and then re-install the whole barrel (action assembly) into the stock.
- If you swap the barrels, your mounting actions of a new barrel should be in reverse order of the old one dismounting.
- It’s necessary to put the new barrel into the receiver, line up and tighten the V-Block, then slide it into the stock. Sometimes, the barrel can fit improperly into the receiver, then it is better to sand a bit the surface with a 600-grit emery cloth.
- You can check the Glock shooting efficiency with a newly installed barrel.
How To Clean Glock Barrel
- Dirt and carbon deposits in the Glock barrels should be cleaned properly to provide high performance.
- Before cleaning, unload the firearm.
- Slide the cleaning rod into the barrel breech end and swab out the chamber and bore and through the slotted tip put the wet patch threaded.
- Push the crud out of the barrel with a cleaning rod, by rotating it clockwise and forwarding the cleaning rod from the chamber to the muzzle.
- Then take a gun cleaning patch, wet with gun cleaner, and brash it through the barrel forth and back about 10 times.
- You may need a dry bore brush if you have the heavily fouled bore, using it to swab the bore with a wet rag many times. To dust down carbon deposits off of the feed ramp and barrel hood, wet a cleaning toothbrush with some solvent and clean duly.
- Rub the barrel outside and the chamber feed ramp with a clean rag.
- Wipe any excess cleaner outside and inside of the barrel with microfiber towels until they start coming out clean.
- The shining barrel is a good cleaning result.
Durable barrels feature rifling and quality material. Threaded barrels can enhance velocity.
Any barrel should be duly maintained to deliver satisfied shooting performance. Remember the barrel is a consumable component as it wears while firing after some time in the chamber end throat area and on the rifling, resulting in friction, burning powder, and chamber pressure.