Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best Glock 19 Barrel in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
Table of Contents
- Our Selection 15 Best Glock 19 Barrel
- Why do we need a Glock 19 barrel?
- Best pick
- Budget Pick
- SGM Tactical Glock 19 Compatible Match Threaded Barrel
- #1 True Precision Glock 19 Threaded Barrel, 1/2×28, 7 models
- #2 L2D Combat Precision Match Fluted Barrel, Glock 19, 5 models
- #3 Faxon Firearms G19 Threaded Barrel, Compact, Gen 1-4, 3 models
- #4 Lone Wolf Arms Glock 23/32 9mm Threaded Conversion Barrel, 2 models
- #5 SGM Tactical Glock 19 Compatible Match Threaded Barrel, 2 models
- #6 Agency Arms Mid Line Match Grade Drop-In Barrel, Fluted, Glock 19, 3 models
- #7 Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel, 14 models
- #8 Killer Innovations Velocity Glock 19 Threaded Barrel, 3 models
- #9 Alpha Shooting Sports ALPHA G19 9MM Match Grade Barrel, 3 models
- #10 TRYBE Defense Glock 19/19X/45 Match Grade Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
- #11 ZEV Technologies PRO Match Barrel for Glock, 4 models
- #12 Strike Industries ARK Barrel for Glock 19, Gen 3-5, Stainless Steel SI-G-ARKBARREL-19
- #13 True Precision Glock 19 Non-Threaded Barrel, 7 models
- #14 Rival Arms Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Precision Threaded Drop-in Barrel, 2 models
- #15 Grey Ghost Precision Glock 19 Match Grade Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
- How to change barrel on Glock 19
- How to clean barrel on Glock 19
Our Selection 15 Best Glock 19 Barrel
Glocks are well-known due to their uncomplicated design and firing mechanisms with gentle triggers. Glock 19 is a compact gun, 6.85 in long, 21-oz weight when unloaded, using cartridges (9x19mm); its barrel length is about 4.01 in.
Why do we need a Glock 19 barrel?
It is simple to renew the firearm by attaching a modern Glock 19 barrel to improve accuracy and make the gun lighter. You can easily mount the scope on an upgraded barrel, not on the receiver. It’s recommended to change the barrels after 3500-5000 rounds, as the worn old ones can affect the firing accuracy.
Faxon Firearms G19 Threaded Barrel
These compact barrels are compatible with generations 1-5 and cast bullets. They feature rigid threads and protectors with excellent fit, finish, and tight tolerances.
Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel
These barrels with polished feed ramps ensure the best accuracy and convenience for cleaning, compatibility with all bullet materials (lead, jacketed, or plated), excluding the danger of pressure spikes caused by shooting lead bullets as in polygonal rifling.
SGM Tactical Glock 19 Compatible Match Threaded Barrel
These 6 RH groove barrels are equipped with an 11-degree target crown, acceptable quality of the threads, and well-made construction.
#1 True Precision Glock 19 Threaded Barrel, 1/2×28, 7 models
These threaded barrels come with a polished feed ramp, matching stainless steel (416R) thread protector with an integral Vitton high-heat o-ring and tension lock system. True Precision constructed the barrels for all ammo types, and cast leads as well. There are seven-barrel models, depending on the color (Spectrum, Gold, Black Nitride, Stainless, DLC Black, Stealth Grey, Copper) and flutes quantity (11 X; 10 X; 9 X; 4 X & 10 X; 4 X & 8 X; 8 X; 4 X & 9 X).
#2 L2D Combat Precision Match Fluted Barrel, Glock 19, 5 models
This barrel is outfitted with Chromium Stainless Steel Construction (U.S. Sourced 416R), proprietary target crown on both threaded and non-threaded options for projectile stability while bore exciting, polished, and extended feed ramp for additional reliability, fluted chamber body for debris removal, and better heat dissipation.
#3 Faxon Firearms G19 Threaded Barrel, Compact, Gen 1-4, 3 models
The Faxon G19 threaded barrels fit generations 1-5. The drop-in barrels with conventional button rifling (fully stress relieved) feature an 11-degree target crown. The Faxon offers two options: 416-R Stainless steel or 4150 steel construction with inside and outside finish Salt Bath Nitride.
#4 Lone Wolf Arms Glock 23/32 9mm Threaded Conversion Barrel, 2 models
Lone Wolf Arms crafted barrels from the superior grade mill-select heat-treated CNC machined stainless steel (416) with matte chrome finish. Due to the standard groove and land rifling the plated, lead, or jacketed bullets shooting is possible. LWA fits Glock Gen3 and Gen4.
#5 SGM Tactical Glock 19 Compatible Match Threaded Barrel, 2 models
These 6 RH groove barrels are equipped with an 11-degree target crown. The barrels are made from Stainless Steel (416R ) with an unpolished Black Nitride Finish.
#6 Agency Arms Mid Line Match Grade Drop-In Barrel, Fluted, Glock 19, 3 models
These fluted barrels (seven gear flutes around the barrel circumference) with Pulled broached, Saami Spec 9mm Rifling and thread protector are made of Stainless Steel (416R) with a matching finish. There are three 3 finish options: Diamond-Like Carbon Coating (DLC), Stainless Steel, and Titanium Nitride (Gold). Non-threaded barrels are outfitted with a deep crown; their length sits flush with the slide.
#7 Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel, 14 models
The Wilson Combat engineered these barrels with polished feed ramps to ensure the best accuracy. Glass-smooth and duly concentric chamber with the bore and broached rifling fits all bullet materials (lead, jacketed, or plated), excluding danger of pressure spikes caused by shooting lead bullets in polygonal rifling.
#8 Killer Innovations Velocity Glock 19 Threaded Barrel, 3 models
The barrels with an 11-degree target crown ensure better accuracy. These Mod 2 barrels are manufactured from Stainless Steel (416R), using single-point cut with SPT technology for rifling profile.
#9 Alpha Shooting Sports ALPHA G19 9MM Match Grade Barrel, 3 models
These barrels are equipped with 416R stainless steel bar-stock, tight barrel lock-up, completely supported and polished chamber, and feed ramp. The broach cut rifled (in 1:16LH twist) provides enhanced accuracy, allowing it to shoot lead (non-jacketed) bullets.
#10 TRYBE Defense Glock 19/19X/45 Match Grade Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
TRYBE Defense created threaded barrels from Stainless steel (416R) and available in three coatings: Black DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon Coating), Black Nitride, and Titanium Nitride (Gold). The manufacturer declares peak firearm performance with their barrels.
#11 ZEV Technologies PRO Match Barrel for Glock, 4 models
The barrels are crafted from pre-hardened chromium stainless steel (416R), developed for Match Grade rifle barrels with smooth form, a streamlined hood design, and the ZEV logo slashes and caliber. There are two models for Glock 19: in Black and Bronze colors.
#12 Strike Industries ARK Barrel for Glock 19, Gen 3-5, Stainless Steel SI-G-ARKBARREL-19
Spiral fluted barrel combines weight decrease, saving accuracy and durability features, high performance with dependability. Strike Industries engineered these barrels with polished feed ramps to provide secure loading and releasing. Pre-hardened premium-grade stainless steel (416) is used to ensure superb tolerances of exact details and contours.
#13 True Precision Glock 19 Non-Threaded Barrel, 7 models
There are seven available models of the barrel in various colors: Spectrum, Gold, Stainless, Stealth Grey, Copper, Black Nitride, and DLC Black. The threaded barrels are designed with stainless steel (416R) thread protector with an integral Vitton high-heat o-ring and tension lock system, and a polished feed ramp. Non-threaded barrels are outfitted with a competition-style 10-degree match target crown to deliver the same and free gas dispersion, making better accuracy. The True Precision barrels are bored for all ammunition types, including cast lead.
#14 Rival Arms Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Precision Threaded Drop-in Barrel, 2 models
The Rival Arms crafted the barrels with 6-groove rifling from CNC-machined stainless steel billet (416R). Match-grade precision drop-in barrels with target crowned muzzles are covered with low-temperature vacuum PVD coating. The threaded barrels come with a color-matching Rival Arms thread protector.
#15 Grey Ghost Precision Glock 19 Match Grade Threaded Pistol Barrel, 3 models
These Match Grade drop-in barrels are outfitted with an O-ring thread protector, SAAMI specification 9mm match chambers, and proprietary twist rate. The barrels are made from Stainless Steel (416R), covered with Black Nitride.
How to change barrel on Glock 19
- While changing barrels, you need to remove the barreled action and the barrel nut, install the new barrel, tighten the barrel nut to the due torque, and then re-install the whole barrel (action assembly) into the stock.
- It is easy to swap barrels in minutes with a barrel nut wrench.
- For easier pulling out, use a barrel vise to align the barrel duly, using anchor points in the receiver that prevents scratching.
- A new barrel installation needs to be done in reverse of the old one removal. Slide the new barrel into the receiver, line up and tighten the V-Block, then put it into the stock. If the barrel is hard to fit into the receiver, you can sand the surface slightly with a 600-grit emery cloth.
How to clean barrel on Glock 19
- Usually, dirt and carbon deposit in the Glock barrel, which needs cleaning.
- First, unload the firearm.
- With the wet patch threaded through the slotted tip, insert the cleaning rod into the barrel breech end and swab out the chamber and bore.
- Push the crud out of the barrel with a cleaning rod, by forwarding it from the chamber to the muzzle and rotate the cleaning rod clockwise.
- Then use a gun cleaning patch, wet with gun cleaner, and run it through the barrel back and forth about 10 times.
- To clean the heavily fouled bore, use a dry bore brush, swab the bore about ten times with a wet rag.
- Take a cleaning toothbrush with some solvent and scrub carbon deposits off of the barrel hood and feed ramp.
- Wipe down the barrel outside and the chamber feed ramp with clean clout.
- Take microfiber towels and remove any excess cleaner outside and inside of the barrel until they start coming out clean.
- When the barrel is shining, it means that you have done its cleaning well.
Barrels are consumable parts as they wear while shooting after some time in the chamber end throat area and on the rifling, caused by the burning powder, friction, and chamber pressure. It’s urgent to maintain the barrel duly to provide good firing performance. To choose a durable barrel, check its rifling and material quality.