Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best Ambi Safety Selector 2023 in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
What is an ambi safety selector? 🤔
It is an essential component of the rifle’s trigger guard assembly. It allows for a smooth and safe transition from one mode to another, making it easier to switch between different firing modes. The selector generally features two positions: Safe (S) and Fire (F). When in the “Safe” position, the firearm is mechanically prevented from discharging. When in the “Fire” position, the firearm can be fired.
Ambi safety selectors are an important part of any rifle. They allow for a quick transition from shooting with the right hand to the left, and vice versa. There are several features:
- ✅ Durability – A good selector should be able to withstand regular use and abuse without breaking or malfunctioning. It should also withstand extreme temperatures, dirt, and other environmental factors without becoming damaged or unusable.
- ✅ Ergonomic Design – It should feel comfortable in the hand while providing a secure grip.
- ✅ Number of Positions – One important feature is the number of positions it has available for shooting from either side of the rifle; some models offer up to seven positions for maximum flexibility.
Ambi safety selectors are designed with the user’s safety in mind. They provide enhanced control of the weapon while allowing you to adjust the firing mode quickly and easily. Not only do offer greater levels of safety, but they can also improve your accuracy and performance when shooting.
- ✳️ One of the main benefits is their ability to be operated from both sides. This makes them ideal for left-handed shooters who need to switch quickly between different firing modes.
- ✳️ Another advantage is improved manipulation and grip when using your weapon. The selector is ergonomically designed to fit snugly against your hand, providing better control over your firearm without sacrificing comfort or usability.
- ✳️ Additionally, they are highly durable and resistant to wear and tear due to their use of high-quality materials like stainless steel or aluminum alloy construction.
- ✳️ Finally, safety selectors are an affordable solution that can provide enhanced levels of safety and control while still offering excellent value for money compared to other options on the market.
How to choose? 🔍
Choosing the best ambi safety selector can be a difficult task. Before making a purchase, it’s important to consider certain factors that will help you make the right selection for your specific needs. Here are some tips for choosing:
- ➡️ Determine Your Purpose: The first step in selecting is to determine what type of application you will be using it for – whether it’s an AR-15 rifle, a shotgun, or another firearm. Knowing the purpose of your selector will help you choose the right model.
- ➡️ Consider Compatibility: Make sure to check whether the safety selector is compatible with your firearm before purchasing it.
- ➡️ Quality and Durability: It is essential to choose a selector that is made from high-quality materials and designed to last through tough conditions and use over time.
- ➡️ Budget: When shopping, make sure to compare prices between different models so you can find one that fits within your budget without sacrificing quality or performance features.
📌 Finally, take time to read customer reviews before making a purchase decision so you can get feedback from real users who have experience with the product.
Top 18 🎯 Ambi Safety Selector – Why Ambi Safety Selector
1# Radian Weapons Safety Selector
The Radian Weapons Talon Ambidextrous 45/90 Safety Selector is perfect for those who are looking for an ambidextrous safety selector that provides a precise fit and superior function. machined from ultra-smooth materials, it guarantees comfortableness as well as easy operation. Not to mention, it can be installed in either the standard 90-degree position or the optional 45-degree position – making it versatile for use with any AR15.
2# TRYBE Defense Ambidextrous Mil-Spec Safety Selector
When it comes to your AR, you need a safety selector that you can rely on. That’s why you need the TRYBE Defense Ambidextrous Mil-Spec Safety Selector. This selector is made from 7075-T6 aluminum for strength and durability and is heat treated and finished with a phosphate coating for even more protection. The selector is also ambidextrous, so you can use it on either your right or left hand with ease. Whether you’re in the field or at the range, the TRYBE Defense Ambidextrous Mil-Spec Safety Selector is a must-have.
3# Kinetic Development Group Safety Selector
Looking for an ambidextrous safety selector for your AR-15 that is both easy to use and reliable? Look no further than the Talon Safety Selector from Kinetic Development Group. The Talon allows the shooter to easily switch from a 90-degree throw to a 45-degree short throw without removing the safety from the lower. The Talon also features a screw-less design so you never have to worry about levers coming loose or falling off. This is a 2 lever kit with the option of a 3rd lever made in specialized factories from 7075 aluminum, the Talon is engineered with the highest quality standards.
4# Timber Creek Outdoors Ambidextrous Safety Selector
The Timber Creek Outdoors Ambidextrous Safety Selector is the perfect choice for those who want to upgrade their Mil-Spec lower receiver. Featuring modular aircraft-grade aluminum levers, it gives you the ability to choose either a 90 or 45-degree short throw, allowing you to customize it to fit your specific shooting style. This safety is also great for its smooth and positive engagement – whether you use it in a 45 or 90-degree throw – making it a must-have addition to your 80% lower receiver. So don’t wait any longer, make the switch to the Timber Creek Outdoors Ambidextrous Safety Selector today!
5# XTS-SSL Firearm Safety Selector
The XTS-SSL Firearm Safety Selector is the perfect ambidextrous safety selector switch for your gun. It is made from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum and features precise CNC machining for a great fit. The slim line design makes it easy to install, and the clamp-on design ensures that it will stay in place.
6# Leapers Safety Selector
The Leapers Safety Selector is the best safety selector for AR15s on the market. It’s reversible for both short and long-oversized levers, making it convenient no matter your dominant hand. Additionally, the extra-large oversized lever makes it easy to operate even when you’re wearing gloves. The Leapers Safety Selector is built to the same exacting standards as all of Leapers UTG’s products, so you can be confident in its performance and durability. Don’t take chances with your safety—install the Leapers 45-90 Safety Selector on your weapon today!
7# CMMG, Inc Ambidextrous Safety Selector
The CMMG Ambidextrous Safety Selector Kit is the place to go if you’re looking for an ambidextrous safety selector for your AR15. This simple kit allows you to easily change the security of your weapon from one side to the other, and it’s ideal for anybody who needs to use their rifle with either hand. For the price, the quality is great, and the finish is lovely as well. Even with gloves on, they’re quite easy to steer thanks to the large throw leavers. So if you’re looking for a great ambidextrous safety selector at a great price, the CMMG Ambidextrous Safety Selector Kit is the perfect choice for you!
8# Radian Weapons Talon Ambidextrous Safety Selector
Radian Weapons Talon 45/90 Safety Selector is machined to sleek smoothness, so it fits precisely and is easy on your hands. It also won’t snag on anything and looks amazing. The Radian Weapons Talon Safety Selector is ambidextrous, so you can engage it with your strong side or support side hand. It can also be installed at the standard 90 degrees-or the optional 45-degree position. The installation uses spring-loaded retention (no screws to come loose or break), so your Radian Weapons Talon Safety Selector will stay put for a reliable performance every time.
9# Spikes Tactical Ambi Safety Selector
The Spike’s Tactical Ambi Safety Selector is the perfect addition to your AR-15 for both lefty and righty shooters. The heavy-duty construction is perfect for those who want a durable safety selector that will last through plenty of range sessions. The super smooth manipulation is perfect for those who want to easily make their weapon hot or cold while shooting.
10# Armaspec Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector
The Armaspec Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector is the perfect addition to your AR10 or AR15 build. With a 45-degree throw, you can quickly and easily switch between firing modes, making it ideal for tactical builds. The selector moves smoothly and has a crisp lockup, ensuring reliable operation. Anodized in blue for a stylish look, this safety selector is built to last. Installation is quick and easy, so you can get back to the range in no time. Whether you’re a competitive shooter or just enjoying some plinking at the range, the Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector from Armaspec is a great choice.
11# ODIN Works Ambidextrous Modular Safety
For a safer and more ergonomic experience when handling your weapon, install the Odin Works Ambidextrous Modular Safety. This safety can be configured to 8 different orientations for a more customized firearm, giving you better control of your AR-15. If you’re not comfortable changing this yourself, have an expert do it for you. Once installed correctly, this item looks fantastic and performs flawlessly! The safety is easy to switch on and off with your thumb, regardless of which hand you’re using, thanks to the angled position of the safe. So if you’re looking for better safety and control of your AR-15, pick up an Odin Works Ambidextrous Modular Safety today!
12# Armaspec Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector
The Armaspec ST45 Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector is an essential component for any AR10 or AR15 build. With a traditional safety selector, you have to rotate the switch a full 90 degrees to start firing. However, with the ST45, you only have to move it 45 degrees, allowing you to quickly flip between modes. This selector moves smoothly and has a crisp lockup, making it the perfect addition to any tactical build. You can effortlessly switch between “FIRE” and “SAFE” while training and maneuvering with the weapon. This safety selector is designed for use with receivers that have the correct “FIRE” markings. It should not be used with receivers with “FIRE” markings that are 90 degrees away from each other. Add the Armaspec ST45 Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector to your AR15 lower parts list today!
13# Armaspec FT90 Full Throw Ambi Safety Selector
The Apex 90 Degree AR10/AR 15 Safety Selector is one of the most significant upgrades you may make to your AR15 Lower Parts. This safety selector is made to be lightweight, smooth, and long-lasting and is designed for use with standard mil-spec AR10 and AR 15 lowers. This means you won’t have any issues operating it while it’s being used regularly, so you can easily switch between firing modes without issue. It also has a firm lockup that prevents it from slipping between “Safe” and “Fire” before you are ready.
14# Timney Triggers Safety Selector
The Timney Triggers Safety Selector is a precision-machined, heat-treated steel part that is perfect for use in any environment. The 49r is a true drop-in part that will work with any Mil-Spec lower receiver. The safety features an end plate allowing the removal of the ambidextrous arm if a one-sided safety is preferred. It is also finished with superior coatings for best-in-class fit and feel.
15# Phase 5 Weapon Systems Inc Ambi Safety Selector
The Phase 5 Weapon Systems Inc Ambi Safety Selector 90 Degree is a reliable and lightweight safety selector for your AR15 or AR10 rifle. Made from durable 6061-T6 billet aluminum, this selector is lightweight and easy to install with just two Torx screws. It’s also compatible with both AR10 and AR15 weapons, making it a versatile choice for your rifle. With this selector, you can easily remove your fire selector and use the lever for your safety instead. So if you’re looking for a reliable, lightweight safety selector that’s easy to install, the Phase 5 Weapon Systems Inc Ambi Safety Selector 90 Degree is a great choice for your rifle.
16# Armaspec 90 Degree Full Throw Ambi Safety Selector
This top-of-the-line safety selector is designed to work with standard mil-spec AR10 and AR 15 lower receivers, and it’s built to be lightweight, smooth, and durable. That means you can put it through regular use without any problems whatsoever, and you’ll be able to easily swap between firing modes when you need to. So if you’re looking for a top-quality safety selector that you can rely on, then you need to get your hands on the Armaspec Full Throw 90 Degree AR10/AR 15 Safety Selector.
17# POF USA Ambidextrous Selector
POF-USA Ambidextrous Safety Selector is an ambidextrous safety selector that is designed to increase the options for the shooter and maximize the efficiency of taking the rifle from fire to safe. This drop-in upgrade is perfect for those who want a superior fit and finish, with a good black that will match most anodized lowers. The POF-USA Ambidextrous Safety Selector also features excellent lock-up with a nice solid click and just the right amount of clearance between the selector and the body of the lower with no dragging on the side.
18# Troy Safety Selector Assembly
The Troy Safety Selector Assembly is a top-quality, well-built safety selector that will serve you for many years to come. It’s made of machined billet tool steel for superior durability, with no screws or threading that can become loose or stripped over time. Utilizing stainless steel detent plungers to lock levers into place, the Troy Safety Selector Assembly is easy to install and offers a great design that works perfectly. So go ahead and purchase with confidence – the Troy Safety Selector Assembly is sure to provide lasting function and dependability.
Installing an ambi safety selector is a relatively straightforward process that any gun enthusiast can complete in just a few simple steps.
- 🛠️ Before you begin, make sure you have all the necessary tools on hand: a small screwdriver or Allen key, needle-nose pliers, gun oil or lubricant, and some masking tape to mark off where your selector will be installed.
- 🚨 Make sure that you have the correct one for your specific rifle model.
☑️ Once you’ve gathered everything you need to start installing, begin by removing all existing components.
- 🔷 Before installing it onto the rear of the lower receiver extension tube (buffer tube), unscrew both sides of the safety selector located on either side of the receiver.
- 🔷 Inspect both sides once they’ve been removed: if they aren’t perfectly flush with each other when sitting side by side then it means that one or both sides were not securely fastened before being removed – if this is the case then reassemble them correctly before proceeding with the installation process.
- 🔷 Using needle-nose pliers, remove any debris from inside the buffer tube where you’ll be installing your selector; use a flashlight to ensure it is completely clean as any dirt or dust could potentially interfere with its performance later on down the line.
- 🔷 Take some gun oil or lubricant and apply it liberally around all areas inside the buffer tube where you plan to thread in the safety selector; this will help reduce friction during installation and give it an extra layer of protection against wear and tear over time.
✒️ Now that everything is prepped, take your selector switch in one hand while using a small screwdriver or Allen key with your other hand to tighten up its two screws at either end – make sure these are tightened evenly so that neither side protrudes too far out compared to the other (roughly 1/8 inch should suffice).
- 🔶 With both screws tightly secured into place on either side of your selector switch, slide into position within your lower receiver extension tube until it clicks into place – if done correctly then it should feel snug when pressing down on either side but still be relatively easy to operate with minimal effort needed from either thumb.
😉👍 Congratulations! You have now successfully installed it – now comes testing time!
- 🔶 Test each lever multiple times making sure each side functions properly without needing excessive force; remember too much force can cause damage over time so don’t be afraid to adjust slightly here if needed.
- 🔶 After testing has been completed make sure to apply another layer of gun oil/lubricant around any exposed threads along its sides or bottom base as added protection against wear and tear over time – this should provide extra longevity for years down the line.
When it comes to finding the best ambi safety selector for your needs, it can be tough to know where to start. With so many different brands and models on the market, it can be hard to determine which one is right for you. In this article, we discussed some of the key features you should look for when choosing an ambi safety selector and provided reviews of some of the best models on the market. We hope that this information helps you to select the perfect ambi safety selector for your needs. ❤️ 🔥
Tags: #ambi safety selector / #ar 15 ambi safety selector / #seekins precision ambi safety selector / #ambi safety selector ar15 / #battle arms development ambi safety selector / #how to install ambi safety selector
I’m looking for a brand that has the perfect fit when it comes to ambidextrous selectors, but every one I find seems to have something negative about it. Is there an option with everything just right?
✅ When it comes to finding the perfect fit for an ambidextrous selector, it seems to come down to the tolerances of the lower’s hole for the safety selector.
❗ If you find that every selector you try is loose and sloppy, chances are that the lower of your gun isn’t up to spec.
I’m considering upgrading to a Radian Talon ambi safety, but I’m right-handed and have never used an ambi safety before. Is it strange to have safety on both sides?
Most likely you just do not even notice it. As a right-handed shooter also, I was curious about how it would feel to use an ambi safety. I heard great things about the Radian Talon so I decided to give it a try, so I’m glad I made the move!
I always use an ambi safety on all of my ARs. It gives me the option to switch between sides without having to worry about regular safety, making it more convenient for me. And I don’t worry about whether it’s normal to use it or not!
I enjoy using a 50-degree ambi safety with same-length levers on each side of my ARs. I find it much easier to flip from safe to fire using my thumb, and back to safe with my index finger without having to shift my grip awkwardly like I would with a single-side safety.
Do I need to fit an ambi safety selector switch to any lower, or does it have to be an ambi lower? Thank you.
✅ Should fit any lower.
The lever on the right side connects to the piece that usually sits flush with the opening of the receiver.
Do I need to be worrying about if my safety selector is sticking too far out?
I had the same issue once on a cheaper ambi I purchased from Gunbroker. Polishing it may help make it fit better, or could try switching the left and right levers if they’re removable. That might do the trick.
I have a selection of mil-spec safeties in my possession. I’ve assembled a few lowers that have preferred one safety over another, though I’m not sure if discrepancies in compatibility are due to tolerance stacking or something else. Whenever one does not fit correctly, I simply switch it out for another.