Affiliate Disclosure: AmmoCave.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Lucky Gunner, Optics Planet, Brownells, Cabelas, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman’s Guide, Ammo.com, Ammo Man, Primary Arms, MidWayUsa, Amazon, eBay, etс. Clicking a link helps keep AmmoCave.com free, at no extra cost to you!
Authors: Each article is verified by AmmoCave's expert team. Professional hunters, firearm trainers, gunsmiths, and gun experts write the articles. AmmoCave Team independently researches, tests, reviews, and uses recommendations from our community of gun owners. We may earn commissions from shopping links.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any agency's official policy or position. The articles are for informational purposes only, share your opinions about Best Automatic Reset Target 2023 in the comments and join the discussions. Let's share 💬 our ammo & gun experiences together!
What is an automatic reset target? 🧐
It is an innovative product that offers a unique way to practice shooting. This device is designed for target shooters and hunters and helps to improve accuracy, speed up target acquisition, and simulate hunting conditions more realistically. It automatically resets after each shot so you can quickly move from one target to the next without needing to manually reset.
Automatic reset targets provide high performance, convenience, and cost-savings for shooting ranges, law enforcement, and recreational shooters.
- ❇️ It simplifies range operations by releasing the target immediately after a shooter fires a round at it. After each shot at the target, a spring is released that causes the target to automatically rotate or reset itself back into the ready position.
- ❇️ Allows shooters to quickly move on to their next shot without having to manually reset their targets.
- ❇️ Saves time and effort while also reducing wear-and-tear on targets which extends their lifespan and helps reduce costs associated with replacing them frequently.
- ❇️ Some targets feature better designs that are sturdier than conventional targets as well as being adjustable in angle or distance to create more challenging scenarios for shooters of all levels of experience.
- ❇️ Others feature an audible signaler when shots hit the center of the target which adds a layer of fun for recreational shooters who are looking for positive feedback from successful shots at their targets.
- ❇️ Finally, automatic reset targets offer enhanced safety compared to traditional paper or cardboard targets because they won’t disintegrate when hit by bullets thus minimizing the risk of ricochets that could endanger other shooters or personnel on the range.
Automatic reset targets are designed to make target shooting more convenient and enjoyable. With it, you don’t have to worry about resetting the target after every shot.
- ☑️ Targets come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles to meet your individual needs. They can be made from hardwoods like oak or birch, as well as plastic and metal materials like steel or aluminum for increased durability.
- ☑️ Some styles feature adjustable tension springs so you can customize the strength of the reset action according to your preferences and skill level.
- ☑️ They are also ideal for use with air guns, BB guns, and handguns because they are designed with a large enough surface area so that each shot is accurately registered on the target’s face.
- ☑️ The targets also feature high-visibility colors that make it easier to track your shots when shooting at longer ranges or in low-light conditions.
- ☑️ For those looking for even more accurate results, some targets also offer features such as built-in velocity sensors that indicate when shots have been registered.
- ☑️ Finally, they are designed with portability in mind; many models feature collapsible stands for easy transport and setup wherever your next shooting session might be held.
Automatic reset targets are a great way to improve your shooting accuracy and add some variety to your target practice. There are several different types of targets available, each offering its unique benefits and features.
- ➡️ One of the most popular types of automatic reset targets is the Voice Activated Reset Target (VART). This type of target works by sensing sound from your gun and then automatically resets itself once it has been hit. VARTs usually come with an adjustable audible signal that can be set for any range of sound that you choose, making them perfect for indoor or outdoor use.
- ➡️ Another type is the Laser Reset Target (LRT). This type utilizes laser sensors to detect when a bullet has passed through the center hole of the target, triggering a signal which causes it to automatically reset itself after each hit. LRTs tend to be more accurate than VARTs since they don’t rely on sound waves as VARTs do, and they also allow shooters to quickly adjust their aim in between shots without needing to move any parts of the target itself.
- ➡️ A third type is called an Air-Powered Reset Target (APRT). This type uses compressed air cylinders that release a burst of air when a bullet passes through a central hole in the middle of the target, causing it to automatically reset after each shot. APRTs are great for shooters who want maximum control over how often their targets will reset and also allows them to customize how much resistance there is when hitting certain points on the targets as well as how many shots they’re allowed before needing to manually set up and adjust their targets again.
🟣 Finally, many manufacturers now offer Wi-Fi-connected automatic reset targets that can be controlled remotely from your smartphone or tablet via custom apps designed specifically for their products.
Top 14 🎯 Automatic Reset Target
1# Do-All Outdoors Auto Reset Target
The Do-All Outdoors Auto Reset 9mm to 30.06 targets are for shooters who prioritize efficiency. This compact and easy-to-see target is perfect for honing your shooting skills, and the best part is that it resets automatically after each successful hit! With its forward cant design, the Do-All Outdoors Auto Reset Target directs ricocheting bullets into the ground, ensuring your safety as you practice. The stabilizing ground spikes keep the target firmly in place, so you don’t have to waste time resetting it after each shot. Whether you’re using a 9mm or a 30.06, this target is perfect for sharpening your aim. So what are you waiting for? Pick up a Do-All Outdoors Auto Reset Target today and start perfecting your shots!
2# Birchwood Casey Gallery Resetting Targets
The Birchwood Casey Gallery Resetting Target is perfect for your next shooting session. This target has a fast setup and easy storage, making it travel-friendly. With four hanging targets and one reset target, you’ll be able to practice your shooting skills again and again. The reset feature alleviates the need to go down range to reset the target, so you can focus on your shooting. The solid steel targets are built to last, so you can enjoy many hours of fun with this target. Order your Birchwood Casey Gallery Resetting Target today!
3# Do-All Outdoors .22 Caliber Jr. Auto Reset Target
The Do-All Outdoors .22 Softnosed Auto Reset Target is a fantastic addition to any shooting range. This target is made for use with .22 caliber rifles and handguns and features four targets on the bottom and a single bulls-eye target at the top. Simply shoot the center reset target to spin and lock the previously hit targets into the upright position, ready for use again. The Do-All Outdoors .22 Caliber Jr. Auto Reset Target is extremely durable and weather resistant, making it perfect for extended use. Don’t spend hours resetting targets – with the Do-All Outdoors .22 Caliber Jr. Auto Reset Target, simply shoot and reset!
4# Caldwell Resetting Targets for Airgun
Do you want to improve your accuracy and have a blast doing it? Then you need to pick up a set of Caldwell Resetting Targets for Airgun, Rimfire, and Handgun. These steel targets are crafted out of heavy-duty steel, so they’re built to last a lifetime and can take a beating. When you shoot the top target, it resets the lower ones, so you can have target practice all day without ever having to get up to manually shift them. Place this target set on any flat surface and fire away. With these Caldwell Resetting Metal Targets, you’ll be able to improve your aim and have a ton of fun at the same time.
5# Birchwood Casey Olympus Resetting Target
The Birchwood Casey Olympus Resetting Target is the perfect way to test your speed and accuracy with your favorite .22 rimfire rifle or pistol. With three knock-down paddles and one resetting paddle, this target provides fast-paced shooting action that is sure to keep you entertained. The rugged 3.5″ paddles are extremely durable, while the innovative frame and stand provide exceptional stability. The best part is that no tools are needed for setup, making it the perfect choice for on-the-go shooters.
6# Do-All Outdoors .38-44 Auto Reset Target
The Do All Outdoors Auto Reset Target is the perfect solution for anyone who loves to shoot but hates wasting time resetting targets. With this set of three 4.5″ targets, you can blast away to your heart’s content without ever having to take a break to reset them. The two outer targets on this Do All Outdoors product spin and lock in the upright position when hit and return to the initial lowered position when you hit the center reset target, eliminating the need for a time-wasting manual reset. Safety and stability are also features of the Do-All Auto Reset for .38 and .44; the Do-All Outdoors targets’ forward lean deflects stray bullets into the ground, while the stabilizing ground spikes keep the unit firmly anchored to the turf.
7# Do All Outdoors High Cal Steel Plate
Shooting at bottles is fun. Doing it with Do All Outdoors High Cal Steel Plate is even more fun because the bottles don’t break! These top-quality targets are constructed with only the best components available, so you can be confident they’ll withstand years of use. Plus, there’s no assembly required – just set them up and start shooting! Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, these targets are sure to help you improve your consistency. So why wait? Get your Do All Outdoors Range Ready target today!
8# EZ-Aim Metal Resetting Target Set
Whether you’re a seasoned marksman or a beginner just trying to perfect your aim, the EZ-Aim Metal Resetting Target Set is the perfect equipment for you. This set includes five targets in total – four gallery-style targets and one resetting target, so you can keep practicing until you hit your mark every time. It’s made with solid steel construction for durability and can be used with both rimfire and airguns. Plus, the fold-up steel stand makes it easy to transport and store when you’re finished shooting. So don’t wait – get the EZ-Aim Metal Resetting Target Set today and start perfecting your aim!
9# Challenge Targets DIY Round Plates
Challenge yourself with our DIY Round Plates! Rated for all non-magnum centerfire handguns, these steel targets are perfect for some friendly competition. Each target is 10″ tall x 8″ in diameter and made from AR500 steel, so they can take a beating. Plus, the brackets and spring mechanisms are fully protected behind the steel target face. And when you’re done shooting, the targets will reset themselves automatically. So go ahead and test your skills. With our DIY Round Plates, you’ll never go back to shooting paper targets again!
10# Highwild Double Spinner Shooting Targets
Double the fun with Highwild’s Double Spinner Shooting Targets! These tough little targets are made of solid steel and can take a serious beating. They’re auto-reset so you don’t have to waste time manually resetting them – just keep on shooting! Use them with Centerfire Handguns up to .44 Magnum at least 30 yards away for maximum impact. And since they’re quick and easy to assemble, you’ll be up and practicing your aim in no time. So go ahead and put some lead on target with Highwild’s Double Spinner Shooting Targets!
11# Gunpowder Gear Auto Reset Shooting Target
Looking for an automatic reset shooting target that is fun for the whole family? Look no further than the Gunpowder Gear .22 auto-reset shooting target! This five-target system is rated for .22 caliber soft nose lead and features a sturdy four-leg base system. The solid steel construction ensures durability, while the lack of assembly required makes it easy to set up and use. Plus, there’s no need to walk back to the target to reset it – the Gunpowder Gear .22 auto-reset shooting target will do it automatically after all of the targets are struck. So why wait? Get your Gunpowder Gear .22 auto-reset shooting target today!
12# Do-All Outdoors Triple Shooting Target
The Do-All Outdoors Triple Shooting Target is a great choice for airgun enthusiasts. This target is specifically designed for .17 caliber pellets and is constructed from durable materials. The weather-resistant powder-coated paint ensures that the target will maintain its integrity and look, even in the harshest conditions. The auto-reset feature is perfect for new shooters, as it allows them to practice their skills without having to stop and reset the targets manually. So if you’re looking for a top-quality airgun target that’s easy to use and built to last, the Do-All Outdoors Triple Shooting Target is a perfect choice.
13# MGM Targets IPSC Silhouette With Auto Reset
The MGM IPSC Silhouette Auto Reset Target is a great helper in improving your shooting skills. The spring-loaded target face resets itself after each shot, making it perfect for pistol or rifle use. The included tube steel H-base makes setup a breeze, and the target is easily portable for those who like to shoot on the go. Made from durable 3/8″ AR500 steel, the IPSC Silhouette is built to last. So get out there and start sharpening your skills with the MGM IPSC Silhouette Auto Reset Target.
14# MGM Targets US Popper Auto Reset Target
MGM US Popper Auto Reset Target is a target that’s fun for the whole family. This innovative target is shaped like a standard pepper popper target but is scaled down to make it more accessible for youngsters and beginners. It’s also made with high-quality steel, so you can rest assured that it will withstand plenty of shots. Plus, the auto-reset feature means you won’t have to waste any time resetting the target between shots. Whether you’re looking to introduce new shooters to the sport or just want a fun way to practice your aim, the MGM US Popper Auto Reset Target is perfect for you.
How to use it properly? 🤠
Proper use of an automatic reset target ensures that the user gets the most out of their shooting session.
To ensure that you are using your target properly, you should take the following steps:
- 1️⃣ Check for proper alignment of the target before setting it up. Make sure that the target sits level on a flat surface and that all points of contact are secure. You can use a carpenter’s square to make sure each corner of the target is perfectly aligned with its base. It’s also important to check if there are any other obstructions such as shrapnel or debris near or around the target area, so they don’t interfere with your shots later on.
- 2️⃣ Place your target at least 20 feet away from where you will be shooting. This allows enough room for you to adjust your aim as needed as well as gives you enough room to reset and reload quickly between shots if necessary.
- 3️⃣ Set up your target in such a way that it won’t move during shooting sessions; this includes adjusting all four corners so they are even and making sure there are no stray pieces of material or other items nearby that could cause movement during firing sessions.
- 4️⃣ When setting up, adjust it according to what type of weapon you’re using and what kind of ammunition you’ll be using as well as how far away from where you will be shooting.
- 5️⃣ For safety reasons, make sure there is no one else near or around when you’re setting up – either before firing or while someone else is doing their shooting session.
Now that you have read a review of the best automatic reset targets on the market, it is time to make a decision. All of these products are top-rated and sure to meet your needs, but one may stand out more than the others. Consider what you are searching for in a target. Once you have narrowed down your search criteria, it will be easier to decide which product is right for you. We hope that this buyer’s guide has been helpful and that you find the perfect one for your shooting needs. 😊
Tags: #automatic reset target / #automatic target reset / #automatic target reset 9mm / #automatic reset clock target / #shooting target automatic reset review / #target bend oregon / #resetting targets
I recently purchased such a type of target for plinking and training new shooters. The main problems I had with it were new shooters don’t shoot very accurately at first, and so if they hit the target just right, it can easily fall over. To combat this, I make sure to firmly push the legs into the ground before each session. This ensures that the target is stable and secure for both novice and experienced shooters alike.
I found the best solution for a target rack – these three auto-resetting targets bolted onto a 4×4. To reduce bullet impact, I cut strips from a truck wheel flap and secured them to deaden the downfall. This six-target array is great for any kind of “bang n’ clang” shooting, and the big yellow silhouette below the rack is made of 1/2″ AR500 steel that can easily withstand shots from .223 or .308 rifles. It works like a charm and has been an absolute blast!
There’s one thing that’s been bugging me: why can’t it be shot with rimfire ammo?
I’ve found that the spinning action of this target is particularly enjoyable. However, when shot with a 9mm the target will spin multiple times! This makes it so much more fun than paper targets – my kids won’t shoot at them anymore! I highly recommend this target for all small arms shooters, from .22 to .45 calibers.
I have a question about properly using such a target. What is the minimum distance of 9mm to avoid ricochet?
Not sure as I haven’t had any ricochet on me. I set it out at 50 yards for my carbine and 25 yards for my pistol. Not saying it can’t happen but because it’s a spinning target I don’t think the heavier rounds would have a problem. I would be careful with .22 rounds though.
✅ The minimum distance of at least 20 feet away from where you will be shooting.
I bought this as a birthday present for my son, and ever since then, he’s been using it regularly! He loves it and even recommended it to his shooting friends. It’s much better than paper or cans since there’s no need to keep constantly replacing them – plus, it creates a cleaner shooting environment and you don’t have to worry about carrying as much stuff out when you go.
I’ve used it twice and had no problems shooting FMJ 9mm from 10 yards, with over 100 shots fired. As expected, the paint chipped off after about 30 rounds – I never bothered to put on the stickers – but there was no other damage to the target. After the first outing and when all the paint was gone, I spray painted it with some fluorescent spray paint I had lying around to make it easier to see where I was hitting. For my second outing, I put together a wooden box from scrap and secured the target to it, which was better since it raised the target off the ground at 18″.
That`s great! Happy shooting!🙂